Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > WSS with 0 downloads since last month, should they be reported?    

WSS with 0 downloads since last month, should they be reported?

Akanah
Spain

WSS with 0 downloads since last month, should they be reported?

Hi!

I �ve seen some WSS with 0 downloads reported. The thing is that they were only uploaded a month ago. My question is, should they be reported? or, should we give them more time? what do you say about it?

Olga

22 Apr 2009      

gabitza
Romania

I say YES, we could.  Isn �t it what the rules say?
Gabitza

22 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

zero downloads are enforced by victor still aren �t they??  I don �t think that is part of the moderators job - althogh I could be mistaken

22 Apr 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Don �t you think we could wait a little bit more to reported them? Give �em a chance I mean...
 I don �t know, maybe I �m wrong...

Night :)
Olga

23 Apr 2009     

Jayho
Australia

I think Victor takes care of these so there �s no need for anyone to worry about them

23 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

These are Victor �s rules, Olga. "If nobody downloads your contribution in a full month, it will be automatically deleted, assuming that something is wrong." I think one whole month is enough time. After that it is very unlikely that the ws will be found and downloaded.

(I removed my previous post because I was wrong.)

23 Apr 2009     

freddie
Canada

Hi guys Big smile

Last week Victor deleted all the contributions which had zero downloads from March 1st and when he did it, he said that it was the first time he had ever enforced the rule. I think we must ask him to continue to delete after one month as we have more than enough reported worksheets to look at and in order to do a good job it takes time.

With all due respect for the work people are doing in reporting worksheets, Pretty Please stop reporting these zero download worksheets. It creates too much unnecessary work for the moderators. Let �s ask Victor to take care of those! What do you say? Wink

23 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

I agree totally with Freddy but I also think that all the members who have joined and never contributed a ws after let �s say 2 months - should be deleted also.  When you search through the archives you find a lot of them- mostly student teachers who think they can download stuff for free and when they can �t, they don �t even try to upload something.

23 Apr 2009     

jamiejules
France

to Eng789, some members may not have contributed because they find it difficult to access a computer (not just 5 minutes but enough time to create a good ws). Remember not all of us are lucky enough to have our own pc, the use of modern (now taken for granted) technologies. the more stress we are going to put on new comers to create ws the more we are going to be flooded with stuff that won �t be downloaded because of the quality: it takes time to imagine a ws idea and then make it to the standards required by the members of this site.

have a good day

23 Apr 2009