Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Removed    

Removed

Snow- white
Macedonia

Removed

I perfectly understand why two of my contributions were removed.I myself thought of deleting them since the didn �t have any download points for such a long time.But this morning I received a message which informs me of another removal and I �m not very happy.Few days ago,I  uploaded a pp presentation about spring.It took me some time until I realised that because of the clip arts it �s hard to upload it.SO ,not knowing how to reduce the size of the clip arts I deleted two of them AND uploaded them in another ws AND stated why there are only TWO CLIP ARTS.Only one of the moderators dared to say that I do have an explanation for my ws.I have a question.How many moderators � comments does it take so that a ws is removed?

23 Apr 2009      

Snow- white
Macedonia

P.S I have another ws with no points and I  uploaded it  three days ago,maybe it  hasn �t been seen by many of you.Is it going to be removed ,too?

23 Apr 2009     

penbwl
Japan

Regarding your other ws, it should have a month to get points before it �s automatically deleted.

23 Apr 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

Why don �t you ask on the forum here how to reduce the clip art images so you can put them back into your presentation.  If I knew how to do it I would tell you but I have only just figured out how to do it on Word Confused.  Then delete the old presentation and upload the new complete one.  I �m sure then you won �t have trouble with the moderators and probably more people will download it and you will get more points.  Plus you will know how to do it for next time.  Thumbs Up

23 Apr 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

ps.  I just downloaded your clothes worksheet.  It �s nice it is just the grey background makes it a bit difficult to read easily.  Maybe that is why it didn �t get downloaded. 

23 Apr 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Snow-white, I �m sorry you were hurt. As a moderator I can only apologise even though I must say I cannot remember having seen the powerpoint you described. Anyway, If you take a look at my first worksheets, you will see that I �ve always used a lot of clip art and as at the beginning I had no idea how to reduce the size (to tell you the truth at first I had no idea it could be reduced at all Disapprove) I happened to upload the key separately a few times. Now most members of this site find it unacceptable, and I include myself in that group, because there are some excellent tutorials on how to reduce the size of documents.

I myself have learnt it from Logos:

but there are others such as Helen �s:

You can also use microsoft picture manager, what I �ve been using lately. 

Have a nice day.
mena

23 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

Sorry to hear about your powerpoint snow-white. I personally do not make any comments on such work  i.e. powerpoints since I don �t ever use them and it would be hypocritical of me to pass judgement on something I never use.

There has been a lot of discrepancies between what one moderator sees as useful and what another considers as such. Hopefully, things will settle down and less things like this will occur. *crosses fingers*

And I guess it doesn �t quite matter the number of votes just as long as there is a clear majority that has said "yea" or "nay"  to the work in question..

23 Apr 2009