Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > One man īs trash is another man īs treasure.    

One man īs trash is another man īs treasure.

eng789
Israel

I agree with everything you said except 1. 

Would it really hurt anyone if the person got his point -  you īre going to delete the ws anyway??

And maybe if the ws suddenly gets, let īs say 30 points - why not reconsider and leave it in the site.  Like Zora said - it might just be a gem that got away from us.

23 Apr 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Barbara
you raised important points and I agree with you.
Orit

23 Apr 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Personally I don īt have massive number of points to download any worksheets other than the free downloads. If the rule is that  worksheets with zero points are to be removed after 30 days then my response is very simple remove them without the added scenarious that people are suggesting.

23 Apr 2009     

jamiejules
France

if ws with 0 or 1 download were to be available in a "to be removed tomorrow" section I personally think they should be part of the 30 free downloads.
I don īt know if it is even possible to do it though!

23 Apr 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

Well, first I typed two paragraphs, then I checked your responses again and finally I deleted it all just to say that I actually agree with Douglas  and I would also consider Barbara īs reaction to it + I think they should be part of the 30 free downloads. Yes, I think that īs summarizes my opinion best. Only, where would you draw the line to delete them or not?

Kristien

23 Apr 2009     

puspita
Indonesia

I agree with having 24 hour notice for things considered īto be removed �.. if they belong in the category of īnon esl resources � (pictures, frames, stickers, certificates, etc). The restriction is clear.

I also agree with the idea of reminding users with 0 uploads to contribute within 3 months, otherwise their accounts will be canceled automatically; just like contributions with 0 downloads.

However, I don īt really understand the idea of displaying a list of �0-1 downloads � (maybe just like the new bookmark links?) for the purpose of recycling them, but not giving any points to them. Why? Isn īt the purpose to give those old worksheets second chance to be downloaded?
I think 1 month waiting period is fair enough.

Just sharing my opinion..
pus

24 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2