Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cloze exercise    

Cloze exercise

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

Cloze exercise

Hi there! Can anybody kindly help me do this exercise? You have to fill in thr blanks with only one word.

The Dark side:
Are there any (1) ..........................? Quite a few! to start (2) ............ , Facebook can give rise to harmful and (3).......... activities such as impersonation, identity theft and cyberbullying. Secondly, users (4) .......... believe that the information, pictures and content they post is visible only to (5) ......... and to people they choose to have acces to it. Indeed, public data can be (6)....... and it remains accessible for a long time - there or (7) ........ - (8) .......... being deleted by the user. Last but not (9) ........., Universities, employers, potential bosses, and recently the police increasingly (10) .....  to look for information about individuals on social networks. this has (11) ........... to Face book being nicknamed  stalker.com. Data management and privacy issues have become key digital literacy and e-safety areas. - of course these aren �t (12) ......... to social networking services, but these are the context within (13)............ we are talking to our friends and the world about what it was we got up to last night.

For me these words are the key:
1. drawbacks - 2. with - 3.illegal - 4.may - 5. themselves - 6. ? - 7.? - 8. after - 9.least - 10.began - 11. cost - 12. avilable - 13. which  

Please help me!!

24 Apr 2009      

Jayho
Australia

My suggestions are in green.  Yours are in red.

1.   drawbacks / negatives

2.   with

3.   illegal

4.   mistakenly/wrongly

5.   themselves

6.   viewed

7.   elsewhere

8.   after

9.   least

10. began

11. cost led

12. restricted / limited

13. which  

Edit:  I had a PM regarding one of the words and whilst googling for info I came across (what appears to be) the original source of your text:   http://blogs.zdnet.com/social/?p=529

24 Apr 2009