Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for songs.    

Looking for songs.

Missbrittany
France

Looking for songs.

Hello!  I �d like to study recent songs with my students. I went to see the worksheets in the �songs � category but I admit I didn �t go through the 434 Wacko pages of Ws! I �m looking for songs fairly understandable by intermediate students and if possible quite recent, in which the lyrics are meaningful but not vulgar or rude.Embarrassed (I can find all the lyrics on Google, I need worksheets with more than a fill-in-the-blanks exercise.) If you can help, thanks a lot!

25 Apr 2009      

blizzard1
Denmark

Hi Missbrittany

A couple of moths ago I uploaded a wss using "Love bug" by the Jonas Brothers. That �s a fairly new song which my 6th graders asked to work with in class.

I have other song-wss in my computer. Most of them are what I call "classic but modern from the English speaking world" (Beatles, REM, Cat Stevens, Carol King, Mamas and Papas, etc) so they are not that new.

Just message me if you are interested in other songs so I can e-mail them to you.
I �m always careful not to use songs/lyrics which are vulgar or that contain foul language and I try to choose songs with a meaning and a message.

Cheers

25 Apr 2009     

dennismychina
China

I uploaded a WS on Mariah Carey�s song Hero. Basically a fill in the blanks with a few questions at the end. It can�t have been that good as there were only 7 d/loads lol. However I think the focus it pretty good. Also on a PowerPoint version (it was to big to upload) I also did an exercise on phrasal verbs. The song is packed with them

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=193203#thetop

Good luck. I hope you find what you�re looking for.

25 Apr 2009     

douglas
United States

My students and I really liked the worksheet on Queen�s "Who wants to live forever?" done by Jujuka

I added some internet research questions to it and it worked very well. 

25 Apr 2009     

Tata_Teacher
Brazil

There are 5 pages of song suggestions, divided by level of English and topic in one of my worksheets:

It might be useful for you.

15 Jun 2009