Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > I was blamed!!!!!!!! And I ´m UPSET VERY MUCH Because of injustice !!!!!!!!!!!!    

I was blamed!!!!!!!! And I ´m UPSET VERY MUCH Because of injustice !!!!!!!!!!!!

Carcade
Russian Federation

I was blamed!!!!!!!! And I ´m UPSET VERY MUCH Because of injustice !!!!!!!!!!!!

I need your help! I �m very upset now about some comments!!!!!! look this links, please, what do you think? Look please at Msheridan comments.

Did I write that it �s my own composition? I spent about 3 hours to make this ws, and I used photoshop for it. I took this task from book of Teacher �s Methodical recommendations!!!!!!! And made this task MORE INTERESTING !!!!!!!!

It �s disgustingly to blame people in such things!!!!!!

25 Apr 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Disgustingly is an adverb.  You should use disgusting. 

25 Apr 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I �m very sorry Carcade, but as you yourself have stated that isn �t "[your] own composition", so you cannot by no means take the credit for  a game created by Jill Hadfield, which we can find as it has been specified in Advanced Communication Games: A Collection of Games and Activities for Intermediate and Advanced Students of English, Edition: 8, illustrated, Published by Nelson, 1987 ISBN 0175556938, 9780175556939.

The fact that we take copied  work to a worksheet and work on the layout doesn �t give us the write to call it our work. When we do not write a source, that �s exactly what we are doing, we are saying it is ours.

I think you should try to calm down and think for a while on this. I �m sure you �ll come to the same conclusion Msheridan has come, as well as I have. Sorry, but unless you tell me you did a totally different thing inspired on Jill Hadfield �s game, I �m afraid that is her game and not yours.

Have a nice day.
mena 

25 Apr 2009     

pmca
Portugal

Hello!

I �m afraid you might be overreacting a bit. Let �s analyse this calmly. Msheridan reported your worksheets as having been plagiarized from Jill Hadfield�s Advanced Communication Games: A Collection of Games and Activities for Intermediate and Advanced Students of English.

I don �t have the book so I can �t confirm if Msheridan is right or not.

The question that I �m posing you is: are your worksheets actually an adaption of the activities in this book or have they been literally taken from the book as you yourself have stated above?

If it is a mere copy (and we have had this discussion before, I believe), having done it in Photoshop, Powerpoint or Word does not qualify as doing an original worksheet. It is a copy of work created by someone else. It is plagiarism no matter the effort applied into creating these worksheets.

If these activities were adapted from the aforementioned book, you can easily solve the problem.  Add to your worksheets and description the source.

You stated yourself that it isn �t your composition, so I suspect that it is indeed a copy from that book. No matter the effort you put in its layout, it is still a copy. You DID NOT create the activities.

If I may say so, why don �t you add the source and add some activities of your own? We would love to see your work!

Have a nice weekend!

Paula 

25 Apr 2009     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

Did I write that it �s my own composition?
... well, do we all have to do that?... no, because your only allowed your �own � compositions here, so we hold these truths to be self evident.

Im sure if you just changed a few words and added �adapted from ... � in your description then there would be no problem.

I actually loved this idea and downloaded it. I will myself edit the text to adapt it specifically to my needs.

I also wrote a comment you you before, crediting you with the idea! I still thank you for sharing it with us. The presentation you put in using photoshop is great and will please my students I �m sure.

Cheers

25 Apr 2009     

Lou2002
United Kingdom

It sounds to me like she �s saying she took the idea from a book but made her own worksheet - which is surely fine, many ideas on this site originate or are inspired by something else.  I don �t think she �s saying she directly just copied it from a book which is not fine.  I �ve seen for example �Cluedo � adapted here, and I don �t think the person invented �Cluedo �!  So I think that (unless I �m wrong and Carcade has just copied it) the game was great and I thank her for her work!  Have a nice weekend, Lx

25 Apr 2009     

penbwl
Japan

I agree with Mena. I have checked the book and the text is pretty much identical - some changes to the amount of text per card. So it breaks the site �s rules on that count.

What we may choose to do privately is up to us, but the site rules are very clear about what can be accepted here.

It �s a photocopiable book, but only for classes the purchaser is in charge of. So it breaks the copyright as stipulated by the publishing company.

I also think that using material intended for the teaching of English, adapt it and use it for the teaching of English breaches my understanding of �fair use �. But that �s another pandora �s box Smile

25 Apr 2009     

valfairyrose
Uruguay

Ok, Carcade... just change the text and upload it again. The idea is great and you can do it even better than this.
So take your time and rewrite with another completely different text, of another topic.
I �ll be waiting for it.
Good luck!
Val

25 Apr 2009     

Carcade
Russian Federation

So, I thought about it and decided to remove my account from this site. But I like Victor �s site very much
About ws - my opinion is tha we are all here to exchange with our ideas. Ok, if your opinion is that I just took this ws from Nelson......well I don �t care. But I redone it in new version. And never said, that it �s mine. I think that I brought smth fresh to this task. About 50 people downloaded this ws. When I upload my own ws I always wrote "it �s my own ws", if not - I just wrote the description.
Msheridan �s envy - is very bad feeling. She or may be he just upload typed text without anything. And I think absolutly it �s not interesting. She/he has JUST 2 ws!!!!!!!! And after her/his report - my ws was removed from the site. Well - it �s your choice.

I came to this site for communication with teachers from different countries.......And I �m very upset now. If smb wants to connect with me, my e-mail is [email protected]

To administrators: may be first you should talk with the people, and only then remove all.

Goodbye Dear Teachers!!!!!!!

25 Apr 2009     

douglas
United States

Carcade,

I am sorry you feel that way.  The problem is that Victor can get in trouble if he allows worksheets that are in violation of copyright laws.  It could even lead to the site being shut-down.  None of us made these laws, but they are there and they have to be adhered to.  Please don �t take it so personal,  the people here are just trying to protect this wonderful resource we have with ESLprintables.  I realize you put a lot of work into your worksheet and it is rather depressing to have it removed.  I truly believe you had no intention of breaking the law, but that is what happened in this case.  Now that you better understand the rules don�t let it make you give-up, just change how you make your WSs so that they are legal.

25 Apr 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

I totally agree with you Douglas.  I feel very sad that you feel so bad Carcade that you want to leave this site.  Unhappy

I think we can all see from your reaction that you didn �t realise you had done anything wrong. 

Why don �t you take a few days and then bring that beautiful smile of your back and make some new worksheets.

Clown Here �s a happy clown for you and a big  Hug

25 Apr 2009