Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Technical English    

Technical English

wilwarin32
Argentina

Technical English

Hi, everybody! I was wondering if you work at technical schools. I teach English at a technical school (Secundaria b�sica, which would be like middle-school and Secundaria Superior where ss choose their technical career: automotive, electronics, aeronautics, IT, construction and electricity). We find it very difficult to find suitable material for our classes and, more often than not, it �s also quite hard to adapt. Do you know any sites which would be of help? I �ve been looking for them for ages, but I can �t quite find what I �m looking for. Thanks for your help! (I know you �ll aid me!) Hugs,
Luj�n

26 Apr 2009      

offstage
Brazil

Dear Luj�n,

I recently found the site of the University of Houston. One of the sections is called "The Engines of Our Ingenuity", which has the transcripts for many listening material (MP3 files, which can be downloaded). The link is www.uh.edu/engines/index.htm
You can use the texts in many different ways. I hope it helps.

Regards from Brazil
Ursula

26 Apr 2009     

wilwarin32
Argentina

Thanks Ursula, I �ve checked it and I think I �ll find material there!Thumbs Up

26 Apr 2009