Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > A QUESTION FOR YOU    

A QUESTION FOR YOU

carinocitalgonzalez
Mexico

A QUESTION FOR YOU

DO YOU CELEBRATE TEACHER �S DAY IN YOUR COUNTRY?
HOW DO YOU CELEBRATE IT?

THERE IS A NATIONAL TEACHER DAY IN MEXICO, IT IS ON MAY 15TH, I AM HAPPY FOR THAT.

27 Apr 2009      

pinarkrts
Turkey

ofcourse we have, it is on the 24 th of november

that is a great day for the teachers. However we don � �t want to get presents from ss , we take them in order not to break their heart ; they organises ceremonies for the teachers , they make surprises and mostly, directors make plans for the night such as dinner and dancing among teachers.

HAPPY TEACHER �s DAY

27 Apr 2009     

genzianella
Italy

Hi there! As far as I know we don �t celebrate it here in Italy! ciao!

27 Apr 2009     

class centre
Belarus

In Russia and Belarus we celebrate teachers � day on the very first Sunday of October. But they begin celebrating it beginning with Friday. Flowers, cards, dinners for teachers, concerts etc. Very touchy. I use to come home with bunches of flowers and it keeps me very warm in my further days of hard work. 

27 Apr 2009     

kriszcsel
Romania

We don �t celebrate it here in Romania either... unfortunately...It would be nice.

Greetings,
Krisztina

27 Apr 2009     

ximons
Brazil

Dear, friend. Here in Brazil we have a national holiday too. It is on October 15th.Today we do not have celebrations for teachers. I teach in public school and my students are very poor. Some of them make cards or letters for showing their feelings. Ten years ago, we had parties and gifts from the students. Ximons

27 Apr 2009     

Sasha_ru
Russian Federation

Hi everybody! We in Russia also celebrate the Teacher �s Day on the 5-th of October. Children give us flowers, chocolates, make a concerts for us. Sometimes we (teachers) go to the restaurant to have a dinner here.

27 Apr 2009