Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help me please!!!    

Help me please!!!

pipetochka
Belarus

Help me please!!!

Hello dear teachers of English!. I was making a special work on the English language and faced some difficulties. I want to ask you for some help. Just have a look and give me please some hints to correct my mistakes in these 5 points or at least in some of them.it concerns grammar. Thanks in advance..
1) She is Japaneese but her English is nice. (is "English" an adjective without noun?)
2) how to translate into russian special arrangements for the aged and infirm?
3) can �t translate the sentences:
- People in general like picture strips.
- So do i. I look at this kind of advertisements.
4) he (to have ) a very bad day today. Can i use present continuous for the verb in brackets or not?
5) In sole proprietorship the owner and the business are one and the same/
I can �t translate it into russian correctly.

27 Apr 2009      

douglas
United States

1.  English is a proper noun (the Englisjh language)
2.--sorry I don �t speak Russian
3. ??
4. he is having  (present progressive/continuous) or has had (past...)
5. Sole proprietership means there is only one owner--he/she is he "sole proprietor"

Douglas

27 Apr 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

1- In this sentence "English" is a noun preceded by the possessive pronoun "her" which functions as an adjective modifying the noun "English"
4- Yes we can say"He �s having a bad day today".But if it �s the end of the day,it �s better to use the present perfect.
For stces 2,3 and 4,I hope some Russian teachers will do it better as I �ve just started learning  Russian Wink
Have a nice day

27 Apr 2009     

promete
Turkey

I have to get a worksheet of suffix and prefix. but i have no download chance. could someone please download and sent it to my email today. it is really urgent.
the link of list:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=54816#this

my email adres: [email protected]

27 Apr 2009