Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > To all moderators... and members who report things.    

To all moderators... and members who report things.

Zora
Canada

To all moderators... and members who report things.

I have noticed (and so have a lot of other moderators) that tons of activities, that are great for young learners, are being reported.  Kids, like most 3 year olds, CANNOT read or write and therefore they do not need elaborate worksheets with tons of words or activities in English!

They need things that THEY like and that catch THEIR attention and NOT OURS. If you do not work with youngsters. PLEASE refrain from reporting things that you have no clue if they are useful or not. Only the teachers that work with them can make that call and when I see a worksheet with 58 downloads being called useless, I get angry!! It may be useless to that person reporting the activity but obviously it wasn �t for 58 other members!!

ALSO - when reporting "scanned" activities... PLEASE give a link or reference to check back on because (as Douglas once pointed out):

A) scanned material IS allowed - BUT it can �t be a whole page that has been scanned and it has to have new activities added to it.

B) people who have made up activities years ago and haven �t saved them on a computer or diskette, would have to scan the item to upload it to the site!!

Two more things before I go:

One thing that was pointed out (by Cheezels *waves* )... if you don�t know what something is for ASK! Do not report it before you are sure. Just because you don�t know what it ´s used for, doesn�t mean it isn�t useful to others!!!

And the other is - we are NOT judging quality here.... So stop saying things like, "useless, not good enough, poor quality..." We ALL have worksheets that weren�t the greatest when we began - Be PATIENT with others please!

So just remember -  Double and Triple Check before Clicking that Report Button, PLEASE!!

Cheers,

Linda

Adding an important PS here from Jecika:

*be careful when reporting worksheets which look weird on the preview ... often there is nothing wrong with them after downloading (there is a perfect example among today �s reported contributions)... they should NOT be removed

27 Apr 2009      

Tere-arg
Argentina

All these problems will go on if anyone owning over 1000 points is enabled to moderate.

Most of us can get that quantity of points and far more, but are all of us able to make a good judgment of what is and what should be?

I do not think so.

27 Apr 2009     

nkappa
Greece

I think you are right in all the above you mentioned!
3 year old kids use only pictures, mimimg and repetition, so many things here that are reported are very useful for teachers who teach such ages...
I teach all levels, from pre-junior to proficiency and adults and I know that everything can be helpful. In a seminar, years ago, that I �ve attended, experienced teachers told us that even a small paper taken from a bottle can be proven really useful to learn a language.
But, if the rules in this site are these we cannot do anything else but follow them. Maybe there will be another site only for pre-juniors!
thanks! 

27 Apr 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

we are NOT judging quality here.... We are here to share!!!!

Double and Triple Check before Clicking that Report Button, PLEASE!!

I agree with Zora! If you think the ws is stolen or taken directly from the net, GIVE A LINK!

Svetamarik (Svetlana)

PS It would be great if all people who are responsible for� reporting the ws signed their comments.

27 Apr 2009     

ELMO.
Spain

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!

27 Apr 2009     

jecika
Serbia

one more thing ... be careful when reporting worksheets which look weird on the preview ... often there is nothing wrong with them after downloading (there is a perfect example among today �s reported contributions)... they should NOT be removed

27 Apr 2009     

susiebelle
United States

I  am also amazed at the worksheets that get reported.  I think a member here must be required to  leave their name  when they report a worksheet  .  Worksheets being reported  by  anyone who doesn�t leave their name must be ignored.  Voters on the reported worksheet should also be required to leave their name.  If you can �t "own it" - don �t do it.   This site is truely suffering from all this pettiness.

27 Apr 2009     

ariangie
Costa Rica

I strongly agree, check.....and then check again if you are 200% sure the ws should be removed then report it!!!Angry

27 Apr 2009     

isaserra
Portugal

For Tere-arg:

I �m sorry to tell you this, but having 1000 points and being able to moderate doesn �t mean we are all the same, because I am a moderator and I never reported a ws as being useless...Normally, I only report stolen ws...

I think it has nothing to do with the points you have but it �s more about your character and the way you think or other people think...

We all have different opinions...

Good day!
Isabel

27 Apr 2009     

mariamit
Greece

I completely agree with Zora and Svetlana. Some moderators must stop being so judgemental.  Most of us have had bad ws. The younger teachers of this site need to be encouraged and helped not have their work called "useless". Victor created this site for teachers to share and to help each other. So let �s all do that.

One more point. If you believe you can judge someone else �s worksheet have the tact to sign your judgement.

27 Apr 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

I think the idea of moderators is good in theory, but , as it happens in life and because we are humans, this idea doesn �t work properly. Judgements, abuses may happen when we have to give our opinions . The main idea was to avoid abuses and the other way around is going on now..... we have to think about that....
PAULA

27 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >