Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > .    

ESL
United States

27 Apr 2009      

ELMO.
Spain

definitively people are going mad...

27 Apr 2009     

_babz
Canada

WELL SAID Miss ESL of Illinois!Clap

STOP POLICING!

27 Apr 2009     

mrlypy
Brazil

Well I guess that is a question of mistakes, I have already sent one twice, downloaded the same ws twice in question of a minute, also I have already made two comments twice. I gues that is not someone intention to play the tricks!

27 Apr 2009     

arielka
Poland

Wow. What I think is that people are going mad. They were given power and they are so proud of it that they are rude and remove what they want.

Since few weeks I don �t like coming here as I used to. All the time I am here I read about administrators being rude etc. I agree they are.

Something should be done are this site will lose many users.

27 Apr 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I agree lady_bird

I also think that People who gets erased sheets will always complain one way or another... I guess that the comments yes, are kind of rude, but not to assure thing like: memebers are leveing this site... Calm down

This is not policing, if you have any complain you should tell Victor who is the one  that created this method to avoid sheets that do not follow the rules

Calm down everybody

27 Apr 2009     

arielka
Poland

I think that people will leave that site. If they will have their works removed they won �t stay long here

27 Apr 2009     

arielka
Poland

I agree that they should be people who check worksheet BUT:

- they shoud leave their names, and if they are   rude they should lose their "power". because they feel unpunished if the are anonymous

27 Apr 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

I also agree with Lady bird.
Well said Silke!
It �s a big success of the site to remove  hundreds or maybe thousands of stolen ,empty and corrupted contributions due to the new system!
We all have to respect and follow the rules of this wonderful site created by Victor.
  Calm down!

Victor

27 Apr 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Arielka, you worte this: I think that people will leave that site. If they will have their works removed they won �t stay long here

I think that a member will feel dissapointed if a worksheet that follows the rules is ereased, and yes, maybe he/she would leave the site.

But I wouldn �t feel bad because a member who does NOT follow the rules (like uploading several time the same worksheet) leaves the site, why?? At the moment of registering we SHOULD read what is allowed and what is NOT allowed, so, I agree with Miss ESL of Illinois for feeling bad, those comments were not very polite, but she should realize of her mistake of uploading twice the same sheets, it can clearly be understood as she wanted to get more points...

27 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

I totally agree with Silke.  Members who are not moderators have no idea of the amount of empty or non ESL materials, not to mention the obvious copies from the web or other uploads.  We have to check each one, go back to the sites, see if we can verify if the ws is really a copy� A tremendous amount of work!  I am a calm person and never write rude remarks but, let me tell you, Miss ESL, sometimes I do feel like writing something not so nice (though I never did).  We notice some members who only have stolen wss and others who obviously have more than one account. One member had 23 empty uploads!  I am sure that most moderators are trying to be as fair as possible. We are doing this not because we have the wish to be controllers or �sheriffs�.  We just want a better site with more space for useful materials.

As to write our name next to the comment, I tried to do it for 2 or 3 days and one of my uploads was unjustly reported, no doubt as revenge.  I thought about continuing to include my name but I really don�t want to go through all that stress of proving that my uploads are original.

This has been a nerve-racking period but all transitions are not easy.  Hopefully it will all be for the best.

27 Apr 2009     

1    2    3    Next >