Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas to a presentation    

Ideas to a presentation

serennablack
Portugal

Ideas to a presentation

Hi everyone. I �m having a big party with all the students and parents and I am without ideas about the presentation. Every year we sing songs and this year I was thinking about something different. I thought about teaching some rhymes or making a role play of a famous story. Have u got any ideas or any suggestions. I have looked for some on line, but they all seemed way difficult to this age group (6 to 8 year olds). I think animals would be a good topic because they loved that unit. If someone has anything about that, please PM me. Thanks in advance.

28 Apr 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

I suggest that YOU write sth yourself and incorporate everything that the students already know. Build on it. Just start with a simple "hello" and brainstorm. I don �t know how many students you have, but a birthday party is always a great setting for a play. Try to think of the "oh, no!" part that resolves in the "weee" in the end. Include LOTS of songs and dancing! Include LOTS of miming and action! Get the students to say their lines chorally, instead of individually, if you don �t have a lot of time to practise with them ...
Hmmm... i just remembered a nice play on pirates ... sth like pint-sized pirate ... someone. Search for it, read it and adapt it to your students � level of language ... I have it, but i adapted it for 10 year-olds. It took us about a month to prepare it. I can email it to you.

Oh, oh! Peggy is her name! The little girl pirate! Peggy the pint-sized pirate!

28 Apr 2009     

VeraM
Portugal

Well, you could sing a song anyway because it �s easier, but play it at the same time. Why not make animal sock puppets and sing "Old Macdonald"? They �re easy to make and some actually turn out nice! You can make different puppets for each animal you choose to put in the song and rehearse the kids in a puppet theatre so that they use the puppets as they sing along. Just use your imagination on what moves they can do with their puppets. I �m sure they will have great ideas too! Here �s a picture of some puppets I made with my students. We had lots of fun!

28 Apr 2009