Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Very upset!!!!    

Very upset!!!!

kaliny
Brazil

Very upset!!!!

Hi everyone,
I have received some comments about my wss... I really don �t know what you want!!! When the first time I uploaded my wss you removed... If I put the whole set together, it will be more than 300kb. what do u want me to do? :(

YESTERDAY IT WAS THE WHOLE SET. TODAY THE PICTURES COME ONE BY ONE. IT SHOULD BE REMOVED.

Yes, it should be removed

It should be in a set of flashcards... The ones that are in a SET like the previous one of british food should NOT be removed, please read Victors examples... single cards should be removed, the ones in a set should NOT be removed... JulietaVL

If it is scanned, please, provide the link. If it is not, read Victors example, the one with just a single apple: "This should be removed unless it is part of a set of flashcards." Its part of a set!!

If it is part of a set, the user should upload as many cards in one set as possible in order to avoid complaints by other members. There will always be people who accuse others of trying to get more points by uploading flashcards separately... _ladybird_

28 Apr 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Kaliny, Calm down... This isn �t the end of the world. Let me be honest with you.  I �ve seen your flashcards but I haven �t voted because 

1st)  I have a doubt: Have you created them yourself or have you taken them from the Internet or a book?
2nd) I believe flashcards should be uploaded together, being the only exception  acceptable, in my opinion,  the fact that the images have been reduced to the appropriate resolution and even so the worksheet exceeds the 300kb allowed.

If I find the answers to my questions, I �ll be glad to vote for your cards not to be removed.

Thanks in advance.
Have a good night.
mena

28 Apr 2009     

kaliny
Brazil

Hi Mena,

These flashcards are from a book and I scanned. In my opinion if I reduce more than what they are now, the resolution would be worst. 
I �m a new member.
thanks

28 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Dear Kalini,
Why don �t you check our most downloaded Flashcards? You will see that they come in sets. Karen managed to put,I believe, 36 flashcards in a single file. Victor also has a fantastic set of clothing. The magic word is SET. I am sorry but I don �t think a single picture makes a set of flashcards. And, something else, you have to create your work not scan it from a book. 
But don �t give up. Keep trying!
Hugs,
Anna

28 Apr 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Thanks for your sincerity Kaliny. But we have another problem now. When we use scanned material or material from the net, there are 2 things we have to bear in mind: to write the source and add something of our own so that it can be uploaded in this site.

If you allow me a suggestion, you could try to put four cards in each worksheet , a border around each card and another page with the instructions for the activity you have prepared to go with the cards (just a few lines) and the source where you took the images from. That would be perfect in my opinion.

I also hate bad quality pictures. Let me tell you how I reduce them keeping quality: I save the picture in a file and then open it with Microsoft Picture Manager. I resize it 50%, or whatever, according to the size I want. I "save it as" and give it a title. The quality is excellent and the size has been reduced. Insert it in the worksheet and click on the Image toolbar on "Compress Images". Select ALL. And I think that would do. When that is not enough, I go back to Microsoft picture manager and instead of choosing "resize" I choose "compress". My last resource is "Paint". I select the picture in the worksheet, copy and paste on Paint. Resize and save, and insert again in the worksheet. If you need my help, please just say so. It wouldn �t be the first time a contributor sends me a worksheet for me to reduce. Wink  But I �m sure you �ll be able to do it on your own.

Once again, I really appreciated your sincerity. Obrigada!
hugs,
mena

P.S. It´s terribly late and I´m off to bed. If you need my help, please send me a message.

28 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi Kaliny!

Mena �s advice is very good Big smile  I can see where the misunderstanding has happened. Anna P �s advice about checking out the flashcards sets that are here is also great advice too. We all started out somewhere and we all improve over time. It gets easier! Welcome to this awesome site, if you need any further help with reducing pictures etc PM me any time. There are loads of us here who are more than willing to help newcomers out! Hug

28 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

The problem may also be due to scanning from a book.

It is fine to use pictures from the internet

Although copyright is very very clear on one issue:

It is not ok to use pictures from another esl website or esl book - as this website is in direct competition with them. 

hope that helps.
Vicki

28 Apr 2009     

Akanah
Spain

We can �t scan sinlge images form a book, ok, clear. But, we can upload single flashcards, theres no rule against that. Some members report WSS just saying "Should be in a whole set..." and tha �t aint fair as Victor himsel gave us the example of the single apple! the right thing to to when a member upload set, is writing a PM telling him/her to put it in a single set. May be the owner of the flashcards don �t know how to reduce, or just dont know the rules. So, please, be more careful when reporting.

have a nice day :)
 Olga

28 Apr 2009