Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > workshops    

workshops

alsailiya
Qatar

workshops

Hi everyone,
 I need your help if u can .I have been asked to give 40 houre of professinal
development by next year to my stuff.Can any one help me with the topics or

from where I can get materials.I have been informed about this jusy today.If

you can help me or suggest topics I will be grateful.

Thanks a lot for all of the site members for the hard work they are doing.

bye bye.

30 Apr 2009      

freddie
Canada

Hello

As a teacher trainer I can tell you that the most successful topics for professional development come from the teachers you are training :) So I suggest you ask your colleagues what they feel would be useful and interesting for them and then you can look for material to offer them.

Good luck with your training

Freddie

30 Apr 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

My teachers are always concerned about how they can evaluate their students.

Reading strategies, writing strateties and learning strategies are always interesting topics.

Good luck!

30 Apr 2009     

andreaewa
Uruguay

You can look at the material prepared by the University of Oregon for their course "shaping the way we teach" there you will find 14 modules prepared on different topics related to ESL/EFL that are really relevant. May be they can send you the printed material they have for the course. The videos are here
  http://www.youtube.com/edu?edu_search_query=shaping+the+way+we+teach&action_search=1

30 Apr 2009     

kmtr
United States

It really depends on your school and what exactly you teach. Do you teach English as an elective class? primary or high school? Are you at a bilingual school? Are their a lot of immigrants at your school that struggle with the language? All of those scenarios could lead to different options. Think about how what you teach can be relevant to ALL the teachers in your school. They are going to have to sit through 40 hours, so try to make it as helpful to them as possible so they don �t hate you! :) I have had to do a lot of professional development with my schools, I always try to have an activity for them to do so they are not just listening to me every time. I hope this is a little helpful. If you want to give me more details about your particular situation, I �d be happy to try and brainstorm some ideas. I always like the expression "two heads are better than one". GOOD LUCK, Kat

30 Apr 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Differentiation is a hot topic here in UK these days on teacher training. other topics could be active learning and learning styles. Once you have sketched your programme I may then be able to help with materials.

30 Apr 2009