Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > past continuous - song    

past continuous - song

S�lvia73
Portugal

past continuous - song

Hello dear teachers!

I was wondering if you could help me...

I �m teaching past continuous next week to 7th graders (12 years old) and I wanted to use a song or a video... but I couldn �t find any and I �m out of ideas.
Can any of you help me?
Thanks in advance!

Hugfrom Portugal

30 Apr 2009      

Anna P
Brazil

If you upload aftab57 �s Songs for Teaching 
you will find a lot of ideas and useful sites. 

30 Apr 2009     

flaviatl
Argentina

There �s a great book for teaching through songs called "Singing Grammar" and there �s a unit about Past Continuous. You can download both the book and CDs from englishtips.org
If not, you can use

"Tennessee Waltz" by Norah Jones. (It �s a bit slow but it has good examples of the use of simple past / Past continuous) If you want, I can send you a worksheet with an activity to do (send me a PM with your email)

OR

"Don �t you want me" by the Human League. (This song is more lively and stds usually like it. But it has few examples of past cont.) Yo can download the worksheet here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=100313#thetop

I hope that helps! Good luck
Flavia.

30 Apr 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

Thank you all very very much!

1 May 2009     

Rosa F�lix
Portugal

Remember "I am sailing" by Rod stewart ? (must tell you I �m 47 years old)

Well it �s kind of a balad and our students are more heavy metal, but it �s just an idea.

1 May 2009     

Tata_Teacher
Brazil

There are some song suggestions with the grammar topic you need and many others in one of my worksheets:

15 Jun 2009