Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HAVE A LOOK AT THIS ! WHAT (OR WHO) IS YOUR AVATAR?    

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS ! WHAT (OR WHO) IS YOUR AVATAR?

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS ! WHAT (OR WHO) IS YOUR AVATAR?

I just want to continue a cool �discussion started by Zolida! The thread is�

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=7637

Let �s find out more about each other. It �s very amazing.Wink

Svetlana (Gloria)

1 May 2009      

CHARMED ONE
Mexico

What a great and fun topic !!  Great idea Zailda!!  Thanks Svetlana for continuing the topic!! I �ve read them all.

My avatar is a fairy with sunflowers. They are my favorite flowers.

Charmed One, comes from one of my favorite the TV serie "Charmed".

Some colleagues at school tell me I have a special gift since I can more or less get along with almost anybody. So I related the fairy, the magic and the sunflowers. Then I googled searching for an image of a fairy with sunflowers  and I came across with the avatar you can see. I really liked it because she has sunflowers even on her head.

BTW Johanne23232 You are very talented. Great painting!!

Keep sharing your stories!!

1 May 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

I just read these posts. Congratulations, Zailda, for raising such an interesting topic! As far as I �m concerned, I prefer a real photo, it gives me a better insight into the person... That �s why I �ve put mine a few weeks ago (the previous one and the first was one of my 2 daughters...)
And you, Svetlana? Why are you "Gloria"? You �ve changed the picture recently, but you kept Gloria! I can guess from your work and your posts on the forum that you are warm and friendly, enthusiatic, and that you have a sense of humour! But why a character from Madagascar? I �d like to know!

1 May 2009     

Cassy
Brazil

Congrats, friends.
It�s my picture. It was taken at Christmas when I was about 5.
I was really cute. LOL
Cassy
Have a nice day.

1 May 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

I have chosen this character because it �s one of my favourites! She is funny and nice and we both have a good sense of humour. And the main thing I �ve chosen this picture we are both plumpy!Gloria is a very warm and positive character. An I try to be positive even in very difficult situations. I �m thinking of using my real photo as an avatar.

PS. My younger son is one year old and when I was pregnant� my elder son saw my "big big tummy" �ans he said that I looked like Gloria fom his favourite cartoon. It was very funny...

1 May 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Oh sorry, Svetlana, I missed your answer although I read all the previous posts! How did I miss it? Thanks!

1 May 2009     

sylboy
Germany

Hi all then,

Thanks, Sveta, for keeping this discussion going on.

This picture of me was taken two or three years ago. I needed a new picture for my personal website, something where my students would identify me immediately. And I thought, it would be good for eslprintables.com too.

Happy Labour Day to everyone!

Cheers... Mathias

1 May 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

WOW, this IS a great thread!!! I �ve enjoyed reading ALL the reactions and while reading I realized there isn �t that much story behind mine. Embarrassed I took this camel because, once, long ago ( aaaaaaages), I was looking for an Avatar for an other site and I thought the Dutch translation of sea camel was a funny thing to use. Well, I also needed a picture to match it and this camel was the best choice at that time.

In fact I have doubted whether I shouldn �t take a photo of me but I think I leave it this way. This sea camel looks more handsome and younger ... LOL

Well I �m a 38 years old married mum with 3 children (8,7 and 6 years old) who has found a lot of love for English on this site. I suppose I was born being in love with the English language Cool . I �m always busy.

Great idea you continued this discussion again, Svetlana! It �s so refreshing! I �d have missed it otherwise!Clap

Kristien

1 May 2009     

flo84
France

Well I have been a member of this wonderful community for about a month now and I spend a lot of time with you. My avatar is my dog Nala. This photo was taken at home. In fact I wanted a frog for my avatar because I have been a frog collector (don �t laugh please) since I worked in England 20 years ago. The frog avatar was already used so ... By the way I am 39 and I have two lovely daughters (12 and 8) and a husband and another dog. My real name is Florence but all my friends call me Flo.

1 May 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Nice dog, Flo! I see that a lot of our� friends have pets and �adore them. I �ve got two cats and the oldest one is too fat to become my avatar! He he heLOL

1 May 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

This is me in the picture. My son took it this winter. My real name is Silvana and it is very rare in Lithuania. In fact, I have never met anyone with such name. My previous avatar was a ballerina because  I love ballet.

I have two sons. Both were born in May: one is eight tomorrow and another one is nearly ten.

1 May 2009     

1    2    Next >