Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Preview for ESLPrintables ´ folder    

Preview for ESLPrintables ´ folder

Cyn.
Argentina

Preview for ESLPrintables ´ folder

Hello everyone!  Wink

First of all, happy labour day!

I was wondering if someone can help me.

It�s been months since I started downloading your amazing worksheets. Since I have many points, many times I download worksheets that I don�t use at the moment, but think I will need one day. Therefore, my ESL Printables � folder keeps growing and getting messier every time!!! And some of the worksheets are getting dusty...

Whenever I download a worksheet I rename it, but still that doesn�t help to browse through them.

My question is, do any of you know how I can have a preview of the files so, when I go to the folder I can see them? Just like the ones we have in the site...

BTW, I use Windows XP Professional.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Cyn

2 May 2009      

meuge
Argentina

Hi Cynthia!!
I understand what you say because I have a huge amount of worksheets and happens the same to me... I don �t know if a preview of Word documents is possible... With PP and Abobe it is...
What I do is to rename them, first with the general topic ,then with the name of the worksheet itself and I also add the name of the contributor , for example

songs worksheets  Song Hot and Cold - Katy Perry(CynW)

It takes a bit of time but it helps a lot. You have to erase some symbols and signs which don �t let you save the file into your PC as : ? � > etc

Hope it is useful to you!!!

BTW I used that song worksheet and it worked perfectly with my students!! Thank you a lot!!!!

See you around

M. Eugenia

PS I �m looking forward to hearing more suggestions...

2 May 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Thanks for your answer Euge!
I do something similar with the files, but I �m extremely visual and need to see them!
Maybe a computer expert can give me a hand...
I �m glad you and your students enjoyed my worksheet... I haven �t tried it myself yet!
See ya!
Cyn

2 May 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

If you are opening yoiur documents in Microsoft Word then there is a preview facility which you can use when selecting the file.  Go to the icon which says View and choose the option Preview.  As you scroll down the document will be revealed in a window on the right side of the menu.

2 May 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Thanks a lot Logos!
That works with .jpg, .bmp files, but not with .doc ones...
I �ll keep asking about it elsewhere!
Cheers!

2 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

For Word 2007, look here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/microsoft-office/preview-documents-without-opening-them-in-word-2007/

For other versions of Word, while in the document, try:

Alt F (or click file)
i (or click properties)
Alt V (or click save preview picture)

When you are in Windows Explorer  you should see a thumbnail of your word document rather than just the generic icon.

Good luck!

2 May 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Thanks Alien Boy!

2 May 2009