Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP!!    

HELP!!

Lutterworth
Jordan

HELP!!

I am a funeral Director working as an English teaching assistant  in Aqaba Jordan, husband is the real teacher (maths!) I am not a teacher so do not have anything to send to the site but I do need help.   The children I am assisting with are aged 8-15 and of very mixed abilities. Most of them have been taught to read English but without any comprehension of what they are reading, also they have little or no understanding of the world outside Jordan. This is a huge learning curve for me and I am stuggling.  We have very few resources and mostly from the internet (which has also been a huge learning curve - you can �t arrange a funeral by computer!!) I am desperately trying to look for English comprehension work,worksheets anything basically that will help me to help the children understand what they are reading - grammer will come later!  If anyone can help It would be very much appreciated.  Perhaps I could trade with anyone wanting information about funerals or the funeral business!!!!!
Many Thanks
Lutterworth

2 May 2009      

ariangie
Costa Rica

Dear Lutterworth: what do you need exactly? What topics? ages?Vocabulary?Hug

2 May 2009     

mariamit
Greece

Can you be more specific in what you �re looking for? ASlo try this site as it has some nice worksheets that may be suitable for the ages you mention.

2 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I suggest you �d browse through the bookmarks section. You might find things you �d be able to use.

2 May 2009