Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Movies?    

Movies?

Lalauli
Albania

Movies?

Hi friends!!! How are you? Can you help me please?! Can you suggest me some movies for chidren? Chidren with the age of 11-15. Comedy movies maybe? Thanks !
   Hugs , Lalauli SmileHugHeart

2 May 2009      

puddyd
Oman

Good old Mr Bean is always appealing to that age group and there is limited language , which makes it very visual and easy to understand.

2 May 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Home Alone might also be OK. 

2 May 2009     

yayamaj
Turkey

Nim �s Island might be suitable but  it is adventure.

2 May 2009     

Portugal

Dennis the menace is lots of fun.

2 May 2009     

Lalauli
Albania

yes , lovely movies!!! Thanks alllloooottt!!!

2 May 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Most films with 11-13 year olds in mind are often too difficult to understand for ESL students because the language is not geared to them, but to English speaking kids.
My younger kids like films made especially for them which also teach vocabulary, such as BIG MUZZY.
There is also a very big difference - pedagogically between 11 year olds and 15 year olds.
For the 15 year olds - you could try the Mathilda Films or the Railway Children.
Check educational films at Amazon.

2 May 2009     

Brainteaser
United Kingdom

How about Shrek? I bet your students have already seen it in their L1... I taught an integrated skill lesson based on the cartoon to a group of 13-year-olds (higher-elementary level) and they loved it! Try it!

2 May 2009