Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > Problems downloading exercises with a MAC    

Problems downloading exercises with a MAC

MichaelaD
United Kingdom

Problems downloading exercises with a MAC

I have a Mac computer, and when I have downloaded a few exercises, there has been text missing. If one is using a MAC  - how can I know whether downloading an exercise/worksheet will work or not! Please help as I don �t want to waste my points,

Thanks,

Michaela

3 May 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

If you are running microsoft word on your mac - it should not be a problem.

Try checking your margins - sometimes a text box will dissapear off the page if your margins are set up differently.  If you can �t sort that - put in a page break where the missing words are and see if they turn up on the next page. 

The problem is that sometimes people have placed text in front of a square or picture.

Just right click on the object and �send behind text �.

I hope this helps.

Good luck

3 May 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

I, too, have an IMac. My work became so much easier when I had it upgraded from a Panther to a Leopard, and I bought Microsoft for Macs. How old is your computer? It might be time to upgrade. I hope this helps.

Carla

3 May 2009     

MichaelaD
United Kingdom

Thanks, yes, it probably has something to do with not having word,
I may invest,

8 May 2009