Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Why are some people disrespecting others?     

Why are some people disrespecting others?

LadyJaneC
United States

Why are some people disrespecting others?

Dear Manonski

You wrote "I �m one of the those who voted for your sheet to get removed yesterday. I did check the website and I believed you had taken the work of someone else on another website. I �m sorry if those were your drawing. Maybe it should have been said when you uploaded your sheet. Maybe you could upload them as a kit instead of one letter per upload as other moderators suggested."

3 May 2009     

You also wrote that you never leave rude comments. I consider that you just left one by saying that you believed that I have taken the work of someone else on another site. Did you find my flashcards in any website? If you did, please tell me where. You are calling me a "thief" in a polite way of saying. How many people do you think that pay a membership to have the right to use their pictures? The letters are not my drawing, so should I pay the website when the letters are in there free of charge? Besides that you are being sarcastic by saying "Maybe it should have been said when you uploaded your sheet."(that they are my drawing).

It is amazing how disrespectful some people in this site are being. Parents should be aware of teachers like that. If some teachers are disrespecting other teachers here in this site, where everybody can read the posts, think about what they are probably doing in class to the students where "nobody can hear".

I also would like to know if the moderators consider that they made a mistake, if I get my points back, because I have lost more than 600 points.

Thanks for reading

3 May 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

Wow....I �m speechless... Seriously.
My apology if you feel I have insulted you. It was no way meant to be insulting.
Secondly, I did see the pictures of your sheets on another site, so yes, I assume, like other people, that they were taken from there. Had I wanted to call you a thief, I would have left that comment with "Stolen" written in it, which I never did. 
I never asked you to pay a membership anywhere. I was reacting to your comment that all sheets with pictures taken somewhere should also be deleted from this site.  That �s all.

3 May 2009     

victor
Spain

Sorry,

I don �t think Manonski has been disrespectful at all. I also voted to remove your flashcards. We have seen them here: http://need-to-know-pr.smugmug.com/gallery/1899974_g7o9n#95833041_v2b6G

Please read the terms of that website:

The Site and all Photos, text, video, code and other content and materials on the Site (smugmug.com) and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the "Site Materials") are the property of SmugMug or its licensors or users and are protected by United States and international copyright laws.

SmugMug grants you a limited, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use the Site solely in accordance with, and subject to, the terms set forth in these Terms of Use and any other applicable terms or agreements you may enter into with SmugMug. Except as otherwise expressly permitted in writing, the license does not include, and you agree to refrain from:

1. the collection, copying or distribution of any portion of the Site or the Site Materials;
  2. any resale, commercial use, commercial exploitation, distribution, public performance or public display of the Site or any of the Site Materials;
  3. modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Site or any of the Site Materials;
  4. scraping or otherwise using any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
  5. with the exception of your own photos, or others � photos available for download, the downloading of any portion of the Site, the Site Materials or any information contained therein; or
  6. any use of the Site or the Site Materials other than for their intended purposes.

Any use of the Site or of any Site Materials other than as specifically authorized herein, without the express prior written permission of SmugMug or the Content Owner, is strictly prohibited and will terminate and constitute a breach of the license granted herein.

I know that most of us take pictures from other sources, but you must add something of your own. Otherwise it is just a copy.

3 May 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi there, I have just read your original comment before heading to bed... and I too think I misunderstood your first post... I actually thought you were the original artist and that you had painted these and put these on the website (as many people here have their own sites)...
So I don �t think that manonski was actually being sarcastic when he/she suggested to say that it was your artwork. That was my suggestion too if I recall...

So just to clarify as I am really confused now... are these YOUR own creation: ie you drew/painted them or did you use the pics from the website (I forget the name as I write this) and then use the pictures to  make flashcards?....The website was given in the moderating page as a link from someone for the moderators to check against and the cards on the site are exacly the same as the ones you have....I do remember checking that far...Unfortunately I had to work and that was as far as I got.

I know you are upset, but I think that this could be one of the main reasons why they were deleted as all the pictures came from a certain site and they can be downloaded as single pictures just as you uploaded here. If they are a copy and paste from the site and NOT your own drawings, then in all fairness you could have just given the link for everyone to be able to access them.

So I guess they big question is are you the artist or did you use the images to make the flashcards? If it was the second option did you add anything or was everything the same as from the website?

I am off to bed now, but I agree with you that it would be good to get to the bottom of this issue but lets do it in a professional way Hug

EDIT: While I was writing this it looks like other people including victor ***waves hi*** has responded....

3 May 2009     

LadyJaneC
United States

Victor

I understand your point. The pictures are NOT my drawing, and it is not a copy and paste. The site was mentioned on the pictures,( if you clicked on them). I got the pictures, I added the frame and I had the idea of writing the animal �s name and article. Many of the pictures were uploaded in sets. (I couldn �t upload more than I sent). It is a flashcard, so what else do you suggest that I could do? (thanks in advance for the suggestion)

Sorry if I misunderstood monoski �s words, but that is how I felt, because I have said many times in my posts that it is NOT my drawing. I am upset because a lot of people downloaded my work and I have lost all the points, even the ones that were uploaded in sets.

Summary:

- The site was mentioned on the pictures
- Many of them were uploaded in sets
- It was meant to be used as a flashcard, so I couldn �t add too much to it, besides giving the idea that it could be used to teach the animal �s name, the alphabet and indefinite article.

Thank you

3 May 2009     

victor
Spain

Hi again,

I understand you, and I thank you for finding and sharing those wonderful flashcards, but in a case like this, the best option is to share the link in the forum or in the bookmarks section.

Have a nice week,

Victor

3 May 2009     

LadyJaneC
United States

Victor

I DIDN�T �find the flashcards�, I found the pictures, and the site was mentioned on the pictures, I WROTE the article and the animal�s name. I am not a computer smart and it took me a long time to find a cute font with a nice color to match to the pictures. Therefore, there was additional work to it.

I don�t think you are being fair, but don�t worry, I will not reply to this post anymore because I know you have more things to do. You are the boss here, and I guess I have to accept your decisions.

Thanks for your reply and you too, have a wonderful week!

3 May 2009