Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Seeking swine flu materials for beginners?    

Seeking swine flu materials for beginners?

brookee
United States

Seeking swine flu materials for beginners?

Helloo---

I �ve checked out the few WSs here on the site as well as the work at  Breaking News English (http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/0904/090428-swine_flu.html),
but I �m looking for some material more suitable for beginners in basic language.

Any suggestions?  Thanks, Brooke

4 May 2009      

gloriawpai
Brazil

I usually adapt the articles to my students �level, by changing some words and the verb tenses.

4 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Did you hear about THIS flu!??! Shocked

4 May 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

The latest news here from Spain said that according to the World Health Organization there are 985 people infected all over the world (20 countries). 26 have died(25 in Mexico and one baby in USA).There are 44 infected people in Spain although they are all in good health conditions .

4 May 2009     

douglas
United States

Did you try reuters.com ?

4 May 2009     

brookee
United States

@ Douglas     Yes, I did.  Unfortunately, the level of English found in Reuters or other news sites is too high for the students that I �m teaching.

I was hoping to find that someone had used some beginners �-appropriate material on the subject that they could recommend.

I guess I �ll go with gloriawpai �s recommendation and just try to tailor something for my own use.

Thanks, Brooke

4 May 2009