Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Problem uploading a Powerpoint    

Problem uploading a Powerpoint

gabrielaalonso9
Spain

Problem uploading a Powerpoint

Hello everybody!

Two weeks ago I upload three parts of a powerpoint and I had no problem at all. However, it has been totally impossible to upload the fourth part of the full presentation. It is not a question of size since it has 499 kb. After choosing my powerpoint, pressing send  and waiting for some time, my computer says that it is not possible to show the web page.

What can I do? Please, help me.

4 May 2009      

susiebelle
United States

Hi, I have also tried to upload stuff that was right at the limit.  I always had to reduce  the file a little to get it to upload.  Usually I did this with AC/DSee  and made a couple of the graphics lighter and reinserted them into the project.  I �m sorry, but I think you will have to lighten up your file.  I hope this helps.

4 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi gabrielaalonso9,

as susiebelle wrote, it �s usually the size that �s a problem - especially when you �re near the limit. As a general guide, when you look at the file size (right click the document thumbnail & check properties) you can see 2 numbers - the file size & the �space on disc � size. If the �on disc � size is under 500kb then you should be alright.

Feel free to PM me if you think I can help further.

Cheers,
AB

5 May 2009     

sanchia
United Kingdom

I too am having problems. I tried to download a PowerPoint that is 193 kb and it just sits there uploading until it eventually times out!

5 May 2009     

crisholm
Spain

The same happens to me. And the size is all right!

6 May 2009     

chalco
France

I �ve just tried uploading a ppt too ... and it says the webpage doesn �t exist ! Weird !

8 May 2009     

bomvubear
South Africa

I cant even compress my files - I have tried!! What am I doing wrong? I have powerpoint 2007 - I click on compress on the toolbar and then set it to web/screen whatever and press ok and nothing compresses!! what the hay??

15 May 2009