Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > reading lesson plan    

reading lesson plan

fleur
Malta

reading lesson plan

Dear friends
I would like an easy lesson plan
for a reading session which one could easily
adapt to different books.
This should be for beginners aged six.
I tried the site search engine already
but in vain.
Thanks in advance 

4 May 2009      

skittles
United States

I �m not exactly sure what your looking for but here a few different things that i do as a read aloud-
-After reading and discussing the story the students draw a picture of their favorite part and write a sentence about it.
-We have a cube which we roll which has who, where, what, when, problem, solution written on a side and they roll the cube and have to answer accordingly.
-Fill out a worksheet which has the following sections, characters, setting, beginning, middles and end.
-Have the students complete a worksheet on the sequence of events, what happened first, second, third and fourth.
The last two are done as a large group activity many times before the students are able to complete it on their own.  I also allow for just pictures or words, or sentences based on each childs level.
Hope this helps!!!

5 May 2009     

sldiaz
Panama

I sent u a private message, I hope it will help u Smile

5 May 2009