Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > a bit down    

a bit down

fede117
Italy

a bit down

so sad!! I uploaded 3 ws yesterday and only 5 people in total downloaded them. And I have worked so hard to make them....what went wrong?can anyone tell me?
GOOD NIGHT dear teachers from all over the world :-)

4 May 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

Don �t worry, it happens to all of us. I can tell you that most of us work hard on our worksheets and they don �t always get downloaded as much as we taught they would.

4 May 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

I understand how you feel.  I was very happy with the worksheets I uploaded yesterday but hardly anyone downloaded them.  I guess people didn �t need those things right now.  Never mind.  The most important thing is that you worked hard and I �m sure your students liked them.  Tomorrow is another day.   Smile

4 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Fede, come on Cheer up!! After this initial period of frustration let �s roll our sleeves up and start working.

Look for the most downloaded worksheets on the topic you worked on the ones you want to check. Analyse them carefully to see what made people download them. Put yourself on your students � shoes. What is failing in your worksheets? Is it content? Is it the approach to the topic? Is it the type of exercises? The number of exercises? The layout? The clip art? The colours? Too many words, exercises  and no space for the paper to breath? Or the other way around, too much blank space? Was the Key included? Also a Black and white version? Well, there is certainly a lot you can do to improve your worksheets. It �s just a matter of hard work and time. Believe me.

Have a good night.
mena

5 May 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Dear Fede,

Cheer up! It happens to everybody. You �ll have to be patient.

I �ve just downloaded one of your ws and I like it very much.

Big hugs,
Mar

5 May 2009     

don�t know how to CANCEL this account
Belgium

Hey! Fede! I �m just reading what people have posted and it cheered me up as well as it has happened to me too and I �m new here! When I see that those worksheets are not in the �free � section anymore, I feel sad because I think noone will spend a point now downloading them! But it �s so lovely what these people have written here! I love Mena �s words! and everyone really! They encouraged me too! And your worksheets are fantastic! I downloaded some! as I got 60 points now!!!

a big hug!!! all the way from Argieland! :)Big smile

5 May 2009     

Sara26
Brazil

Well Fede, I know the feeling ... I am new here and I also have uploaded a ws here a few weeks ago and I got 0 downloads so far; and I don �t think it is not good: as Sazzag said,   people just don �t need them now...  Confused

So, cheer up and God bless! Big smile

Sara

5 May 2009     

source
Turkey

You are not alone...! Be sure that every member here experienced these feelings..But you need to have some time during this time please observe the ws downloaded most...It gives important clues for us, do not give up by the way I liked �how often alice... � ws... continue :)

5 May 2009