Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > QUESTION ABOUT DOWNLOADED WORK...    

QUESTION ABOUT DOWNLOADED WORK...

Greek Professor
Greece

QUESTION ABOUT DOWNLOADED WORK...

Good evening everyone,

I seem to have a problem with opening the worksheets after i have downloaded them and saved on to my USB stick... When im done.. i go back to open them, however, they dont OPEN... I dont know why..A message pops up saying there is a problem with the worksheet and that it should be repaired... This doesn �t happen with all the worksheets though... Can some one PLEASE enlighten me...

Thanks in advance...
Greek Professor
View 1600x1200 Screen Wallpaper of Bears

5 May 2009      

wilwarin32
Argentina

Something similar happens to me!!!! When  i try to save them on my pendrive, a sign saying that there �s an error with the documents "permit", or sth like that. Sometimes, when I change the document �s name ( as some members told me to do yesterday), I can finally save them, but this doesn �t usually happen. What I find weird, is that I can save them on my hard disk. I �m not being very helpful, but now I know i �m not the only one who �s having this problem...Confused May be someone could help us work it out.

5 May 2009     

busja
Ukraine

I think that it is cause of your internet, i mean its speed)look at transfers, in the table �progres � the word �done � must be written, hope you understood me))have a luck)

5 May 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

No busja... it �s not my internet connection...

wilwarin32... i can save the worksheets but i cant open them so i can print them.. yes i too get this error message...
Someone HELP..PLEASE!!!!

Guys thanks for the prompt replies..

5 May 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

I always save them in my pc... �then I transfer all the worksheets to my USB stick... I �ve never had problems.... Hope this works for you too!�Wink
Ceci

5 May 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hi..cecio 13.. thanks for your reply... I have also saved them on my pc..but i seem to be getting the same message..

Anyway.. as its getting late here... 2:07am... im off too bed.It �s been a tiring day.

But I would love to read your messages of help in the morning...

Nity nite everyone...

5 May 2009     

nikita2008
Argentina

Maybe if you change the way you save them, In my case if I click directly to download this ws, the ws opens like a hmt file and I can �t save them, so I click the right bottom of the mouse and click "guardar destino como" save as/ save desteny as, and it is saved like a doc file. I don �t know..it �s just an idea.

I wish you could solve this problem soon.

5 May 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, Greek Professor
I am not an expert, so don �t expect a BIG ANSWER.
I download worksheets in two different ways.
A - ( the one I prefer, the fastest )
I copy the name of the worksheet, right click on "DOWNLOAD" and choose " SAVE LINK AS "
then I paste the worksheets � name, ( and add the author �s name ) and save.
Many times I got error with this, because the document is not completely downloaded and, when I want to open, it won �t. ( I got a document with a large number of letters and numbers and strange symbols. part  - it is not a .doc, but it is a . part Thumbs Down
B - If I decide to download the slowest way, I left click , choose download and never, ever, I got error.

Life is made of what we learn by experience, so, please, be kind and don �t ask me : WHY? ( don �t know ) and pleeeaaaaaassssse, don �t tell me: great thing, and how does this match with what I was asking about ? ( don �t know )
Just talking, may be many, many errors together lead us to a very correct pathThumbs Up
Have a good night
olindalima

5 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi GP,

that �s difficult, eh.

Can you copy the error message & post it in this thread? Can you also tell me which version of Word you �re using. I have a couple of ideas but a little more information will help me out.

Cheers,
AB

P.S. If you check the following 3 links you may find the solution & a little explanation - some of the explanations are �clear as mud� though, so you may have to settle for �it�s just one of those things about computers (shrug)� type answers.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/ms-office-tips/repair-corrupt-damaged-word-document/

http://www.repairmyword.com/

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826864

Good luck & let me know if it�s still not �happening� for you.

Wink AB

5 May 2009