Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What īs with all the begging?    

What īs with all the begging?

Spagman63
Hong Kong

What īs with all the begging?

I didn īt ask for anyone to help me get points. I did it all by myself. I uploaded a long time ago and got a reply on my worksheet as being "poor".  I got angry and never came back until a few weeks ago.  Since then I have looked at what the most popular wss are and I found a secret.  I made a certain ws and I got "premium" status overnight.  I takes time for people to download.  I don īt grab a ws because it is flashy or colourful. I get what I NEED.  I have made some friends here and I dl their ws to  help them out and give them points.  I īm sure others do the same.  Is it fair to us that have to wait for points to see newbs getting dls because they beg for points?  I think not.

5 May 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Too true!

If someone is begging for a download it inclines me against downloading their work...

P.S. Like the little one(s). Very cute. They take after their mother, I expect?!

5 May 2009     

kunter
Hong Kong

well said!

5 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

P.S. Like the little one(s). Very cute. They take after their mother, I expect?!
Watch it AB. I īll send you back to your planet. lol

5 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Nice to read that kunter agrees that they must take after their mum...

5 May 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

Never mind aliens..... watch out for Yetis,,,LOL

5 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

I agree with you. Begging for points and downloads makes me sad, too, because I know I worked hard to make my worksheets and I made them for myself, not to get more points. The problem is that there are way toooo many worksheets here, so obviously, only the best looking, and the ones with well organized activities will get downloaded, so it īs not easy for new members to get points. I too download only the stuff I need, but occasionally, when I see a really good ws, I take that one too, even if I don īt need it at the moment.
Frankly, I have more ws than I need, but I still download every day a ws or two.
And every day I īm thinking, is this place getting too crowded or what?

Sasa

5 May 2009