Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need help!!! "short stories for young learners"     

I need help!!! "short stories for young learners"

yayamaj
Turkey

I need help!!! "short stories for young learners"

Hi dear all!
I need some short stories which contains repeated sentence patterns for beginners or elementaries.I have found a few such as:Goldilocks and Enormous Elephant,Crazy Crocodile and Magic Monkey,but I need some more.Could you please give me the links of the worksheets you prepared to download or do you know any websites to recommend?
Ps.I am not a teacher yet,just a 3rd grade student at university and I am studying at department of English Language Teaching.I need the stories for my TEYL (Teaching English to Young Learners) course.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.
LOVE ...

Tuba (yayamaj:=)

6 May 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

if you send me the same request on [email protected] I will email you some books that I have (printable).  Many even have worksheets.

Can you indicate the age of the children so I can send appropriate material please.

Vickiii

6 May 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

Try and find "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" or there �s also a great joke about a wide-mouthed frog.  Check out the video of the joke here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPAJ80oDOck
The wide-mouthed frog joke you can add as many animals as you like to repeat the structures further.

6 May 2009     

missveronica
Argentina

"The Grouchy Ladybug" Reallyfun
"Tortoise Shell" unhappy tortoise wants to change its shell

6 May 2009     

hilalc
Turkey

Little Elephant story is also one of the appropriate story for young learners

6 May 2009     

debbiem
Israel

You can check out my personal worksheets. The stories are original and I try to repeat words as many times as possible. I think that there are 4 different leveled worksheets Helen Keller is for a higher grade but still there are lots of repeated sentences in the text too.
If they were usable please inform me. I am just interested in knowing how these worksheets work with others.
Debbie

6 May 2009     

nordynour
Egypt

Dear yayamaj,
There �s aver nice website www.dltk.com... There you will find many printable short stories for young kids with repeated sentences... Hope they �re useful to you...

6 May 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Try this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/stories/, you can even print the sory for your students to colour it and make a tales book.

Silvia

6 May 2009     

fleur
Malta

Try starfall.com cute, short easy readers
using phonics patterns. I find them very
helpful.
Good luck

6 May 2009     

yayamaj
Turkey

Thank you sooooo much for your wonderful suggestions.I �ve checked all of them and thanks to your help I �ve found great stories for my presentation.I love you all Smile
Loves...

6 May 2009