Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > JUST AN IDEA COCERNING MODERATORS.....    

JUST AN IDEA COCERNING MODERATORS.....

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Dear �Silkie! It seems to me that those people who leave nasty comments and report the worksheets without leaving their name are those who really want to take revenge. (Of course I don´t mean all people!!! )They have nothing to say or contribute but only leave some rude words and see how people react...Just have a look at wss reported today. Jesika �s ws was reperted as scanned!!! No name of the reporter , no source.... �Honest and respectful people �always give links and sign their comments. Maybe Victor and you are right. I just wanted to know your opinion. I �m fed up with fights on the forum and I really don �t know how to stop it. I hope you are OK now and that person doesn �t tease you any more.Smile

Svetlana

PS. Maybe we won�t have an automatically appearance of the name but the thing we definately need� is a� special section here where people could be taught good manners.

Best wishes Svetlana

6 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Might it also be worthwhile showing the number of votes on the report someone receives if their upload is voted out?

I am definitely not anti moderators myself... despite the impression some members may have from my posts & discussion. I am just concerned about applied standards - as distinct from the standards that have been set by Victor.

I think a meritocracy is a great way to assist Victor with running the site.

On the name issue, I feel it is important for people to see the names of their voting peers.

Cheers,
AB

6 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Dear Silke, O know exactly what you �re talking about. Even befor the moderators system I �ve received some terrible messages with personal attacks just because I thought, for example, that a colouring page was not an ESL resource and some activities should be added for it to become one. Nevertheless, I keep writing my name with every comment I make and I am not going to give in to pressure. And You always write your name too. The only thing I can say is that we must delete those messages immediately and ignore them . I still think that people would think twice before reporting worksheets and making rude comments.

A nice day to you all.
mena

6 May 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

I �m only having a quick look at the site now and I do have to hurry but I agree with Svetlana and the others. Whenever I act as a moderator I leave my name. Unfortunately I do not have the time to do this every day and for every worksheet but when I have a look at one I think it �s only fair you leave your name.  There have been less worksheets reported or am I wrong?? So, I think the system is working ( and to be completely honest I doubted this at first. I thought it went completely wrong when I saw some comments and the discussions taking place.). We only have to stick to it.  In my opinion we still have to �walk � a bit further up the hill but we �re getting there...

Kristien 

6 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Would it be easy to report a rude comment even if the name of the member does not appear?

I have decided lately to write my name to my comments but I can understand that some people don �t want to or forget to but if we could report the rude comments, maybe it would be a step forward. I don �t know... just a thought. 

6 May 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

And what about making a multiple choice report section... E.g.

O   Scanned from ( and then people have to give a site or the name of a book)
O   Not an ESL resource
O   Copied from ( again a name, place, ...)

That way we avoid such rude comments. People can still use the comment section to do this but then there is no immediate result or reporting, so in a way it is less interesting. When using the report section your comment is more effective but by doing it in the way above you avoid rude language when reporting. It�s all I can come up with, I�m afraid. But I definitely disapprove of some comments made. They are so painful...

Kristien 

6 May 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

I like your idea, sea camal! Hope Victor will read it. And I am very happy that so many people share my opinion. This site is the best esl resource I �ve ever discovered and it is possible to make it even better.

6 May 2009     

flo84
France

I agree with sea camel. That seems the best option to me.

I must go now  so  "see" you later everyone !

Flo

6 May 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

Oh yes, I still have to add that I believe that moderators should be able to freely give their opinions. In my opinion their names should be shown next to their comment. 

Have to go!

Kristien

6 May 2009     

meuge
Argentina

I am with sea camel!! Totally agree!

M. Eugenia

6 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2