Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Nothing    

Nothing

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Right, I have removed the post using the word nazi. I apologise for using that word.

With regards to the document, I cut and pasted the text from my own document because it was way too large with the original images.

It doesnt change the fact that i lost a lot of points needlessly. The moderators posts:

What can pupils learn from that?
It should be removed its not an esl resource.
I can use this- do not delete.

I was shocked to get this in my inbox. But my question is if its popular and many ESL teachers have got use out of it then why delete it? I understand if no one downloaded it, but over 30 people did......  Also I have around 400 points and have contributed (from my point of view) a lot of useful stuff... Dont I have a say in this? No. Can I reply to any of the comments? No. My only way of complaint is through this forum. 

Literally, I can find thousands of WS less legitimate than this one (even in the accounts of the moderators). This is what has really made me angry.

7 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

You can also report wss that you don �t think should be allowed to stay.  The moderators check them out and if they agree they delete them.  I �ve seen it work.

You shouldn �t take it personally.  Life is too short to waste it on points.

Have a super day!!!
Hugs

7 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

Again, your frustration is normal and I personally agree with you. Have you tried to e-mail Victor before insulting so many people on this site?
You see, when someone like you gets angry and complains on the forum, it seems to me that you upload your ws only to get points!!! Of course you have contributed to the site, but you should make ws for yourself, not for anybody else. If you can use it in your class, and if it helps you to do your job, that �s what should matter to you!
This site is not a competition, it is not about the points, or who has more, or which worksheet got downloaded the most!

Sasa

7 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

AGAIN - I have said this before -

THE FIRST POST ON YOUR REPORT IS NOT FROM A MODERATOR.
The person who wrote:
What can pupils learn from that?

is not very polite for starters and I am hoping it wasn �t a moderator.

If it was the first post in your report - then this came from the person who reported your worksheet

NOT A MODERATOR

as you can see from the other comments - most moderators are very polite.  IT is unusal to see rude remarks on peoples comments - when they are from moderators.

7 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

Dear caminjapan,

do you see how many people CARE - and how many people have answered to your complaint?
Life is indeed to short to be upset because 2 people were rude on your worksheet.
I know 50 points is a lot, but I �m sure you �ll get them with some of your next worksheets!

Sasa

7 May 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Thanks to some of you for your emails supporting this as it seems there are a lot of people with exactly the same problem...

Your right, its absurd arguing over this.... And I did not in any way intend to advertise my WS.....

I give up......

7 May 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Thanx sasa :-)

7 May 2009     

Zora
Canada

I want to say something. The ones reporting are usually NOT MODERATORS. You see, we moderate, check worksheets and usually decide they can stay unless something is blatantly not an ESL resource, we usually don �t go around looking for stuff to report.

Most of us moderators do NOT have the time to go around reporting stuff -  So... calm down, don �t blame us. Whomever it was that reported your work was probably NOT a moderator. Just another member who probably didn �t think before hitting that little red button!!

Smile

7 May 2009     

source
Turkey

Your ws consists of optical illusions...Bu that �s all ..nothing else... All of us can find these good optical illusions on the net... So...? You can �t argue this ws is an esl-source. So as the most moderators , I also vote for its removal. If you had written some instructions or something else from your creativity ,then it could have been something related to esl classes.

7 May 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

To "source" why do you care? I cant be bothered arguing with you..... If we get down to esl details my ws practises questions, talking about the senses, reading and following instructions...... Fair enough I found the images on the net but from many different resources.... did you draw all your pictures? i think not.

Lets look at some of your printables as you are the "source":

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=224192#thetop

Flashcards blatantly copied from bogglesworldesl. I know you mention the source of the images in the description, however you are still a hypocrite.

7 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >