Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ideas    

ideas

moniq2
Mexico

ideas

Hello everybody,

I need some ideas for a project my school is doing for the celebration of the 15 years of the Language Center and we, the teachers want to have an event, having lectures, activities and courses. I would like to participate doing something different or at least that gets people attention. Can you help me? any suggestion will be accepted and thank you!!! in advance.

7 May 2009      

carinocitalgonzalez
Mexico

prepare a TALENT SHOW!!!
STUDENTS CAN SING, DANCE, ACT, SAY POEMS, TELL SHORT STORIES
HAVE A NICE DAY
CARI�O

7 May 2009     

moniq2
Mexico

Thanks, that is really good, actually we have a kareoke contest, we have  movies in French and English, lectures etc. But yes, I think i will do something similar to your proposal
Thank you so much for your ideas.

7 May 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

I  think  some competition or game in which anyone could take part would make it interesting.

If you add some humorous strokes, it would be perfect -humour and surprise work very well!

7 May 2009     

johanne23232
Israel

Perhaps you could divide the students into groups, each group doing a different activity according to their abilities: they choose a theme (countries, food, music, culture...) and make posters, make up games, etc.   We once had an English day which centered around fairy tales (each group put on a funny little play with costumes etc).  Another time it was about all the english speaking countries around the world (typical food, famous sites, music, etc). Lots of fun, the kids loved it.  Good luck and tell us how it turned out!

7 May 2009     

moniq2
Mexico

Thank you everybody for you comments, believe me, those activities will be done, the only think i have to do is organize them....Actually I have two days for activities for the audience.

Thanks a lot

7 May 2009