Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Mr. Grass Head    

Mr. Grass Head

VeraM
Portugal

Mr. Grass Head

Hi!
What do you think of these cute spring crafts?

They �re easy to make and kids get really excited when the grass starts growing.
I loved the idea! I �m pretty excited myself!

Happy spring crafts!

8 May 2009      

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

what are they made of ?? they are very nice!

Tongue

8 May 2009     

VeraM
Portugal

You make a sort of a pouch using a piece of old tights, put grass seeds in it and then fill it up with sawdust or compost. Then, tie it off with a piece of string or a rubber band and shape it. Decorate it (add eyes, nose, mouth, glasses, ...) and keep it moist. The grass will grow within 2 or 3 weeks. 

8 May 2009     

inesclaudiarc
Portugal

My aunt offered me one of this on Christmas!! I loved it but unfortunately after some weeks I had to throw it away as it started to stink. Its hair grew just in a couple of days :D It was quite an experience for me, I imagine what it would mean for a child ;)

8 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

I have already saved the picture. Once I made these cute buddies using bird seed but I did not have the idea of using paper cups as the body.

Thanks for sharing this nice tip.

8 May 2009     

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

Can �t look cuter! Thanks Vera for the lovely idea. I believe I �ll include them as a project in my syllabus at once! Later... I �ll let you know the results! Congrats on your work! XX Fabiola

8 May 2009     

Animagus
Portugal

Cool!

After seeing this, I must try it with my students, for sure.

There is going to be a party in my school by the end of this semester and the main theme of the party is the environment. It �s the perfect task to do with the kids!

Thank you so much for sharing this idea Vera.

Thumbs Up

8 May 2009