Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > portfolios, miniprojects    

portfolios, miniprojects

inspiration
Morocco

portfolios, miniprojects

hi everyone,

have already covered topics to do with Food&Drink , House , Family and Clothes and now I want to ask my students for miniprojects to do with each of these topics but know not what to suggest to them as I am short of ideas as for that! any suggestions dear colleagues!!

8 May 2009      

VALERIA FERNANDEZ
Uruguay

hi!
maybe they can write about their school, class or even their own neighbourhood.
my students wrote about themselves, and then they wrote about each member of their family and a friend.
if you want they can write about what they would like to be in the future and why.
i hope this will help you
valeria

8 May 2009     

annna
Slovenia

Hi there!
Maybe this will help:
* house: sts draw and describe their dream house,
* family: sts think of an imaginary family (funny, horrible, unusual ...) and describe it,
* clothes: they create their own school uniform and describe it.
Good luck! Ana

8 May 2009     

VeraM
Portugal

Hi!
There are some interesting ideas here:
http://www.mes-english.com/vkeypals.php
I find the superhero project specially appealing. They can write about all the topics they �ve talked about throughout the whole school year. And there �s a plus: if you find some really interesting projects, you can publish them at mes-english for all your students to see. They usually like that part. :)
Hope it helps!

VeraM

8 May 2009     

inspiration
Morocco

useful all what you have written ^_^ Many thanks to all of you.

8 May 2009     

eurirod
Spain

Hi,  inspiration!   . My ss have a compulsory oral miniproject every two months, more or less. The way they present their project is free but under three conditions:

-They must use  new words related to the topic we�ve been working with.

-They mustn�t read their work, the goal is: fluency, creativity, accuracy �and having fun while using the language.

-All the members of the team (up to 4) must speak.

We�ve worked with food, family, leisure activities� And all of us have enjoyed watching some wonderful drama sessions(at a restaurant, parents vs teenagers, etc), surveys on the topic, ppt made by the ss, recipes (with examples of food made by them), some musical videos�Everything with their proper explanation. They search for extra information and new vocabulary. I check  their progress and help them ( if they want because sometimes they love keeping a secret about a surprise for the day of the presentation). Their effort is greater than the one they show when studying for an exam!!!! It�s a wonderful experience and you let them be autonomous.

Hope it�s useful ,Wink

Eva

8 May 2009