Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > READING COMPREHENSION    

READING COMPREHENSION

carinita
Argentina

READING COMPREHENSION

My third lesson plan at university (I �m an undergraduate) and which I am to hand in two weeks is about abstract nouns (suffixes) and must include a reading comprehension. Could you give me some guidelines for the reading comprehension? Which characteristics should a reading comprehension have? Thanks in advance and my regards

8 May 2009      

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

I �m a little confused. An abstract noun is something that is not tangible: love, hate, freedom... , so why did you put (suffixes) in parentheses? Could you please give a little more information, so we can help you?

Carla  Smile

8 May 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

I guess carinita means abstract nouns formed from an adjective by adding a suffix:
Happy => happiness

8 May 2009     

carinita
Argentina

Exactly! diverse - diversity; experience - experiment - experimentation; rich - richness. Anyway I �m concerned about Reading Comprehension Are there any steps one should take to produce reading comprehension activities? I �m trying to clarify Confused

9 May 2009