Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > CAMBRIDGE - FLYERS    

CAMBRIDGE - FLYERS

izabelbello
Brazil

CAMBRIDGE - FLYERS

Dear Teachers, good evening !!Smile

I need some good help with "Flyers" exams.
This is the 1st time I �m gonna prepare my students for the Cambridge Examinations, and I confess I �m a bit afraid... well... I �m really afraid... lol.
I �ve already tried to find some good material to start practicing with them, but I didn �t have much success.
I know it �s gonna be a big challenge for my students and I �m sure they want to achieve a good result, so they �re counting on me to help them and I really, really hope you can give me a precious help.
Where can I find exercises, specific handouts and material for the FLYERS exam ??

I thank you so much in advance !!

Wish you all a great, shiny week,Hug

Izabel

11 May 2009      

e.roma
Brazil

Hi,

This kind of material is confidential, that �s why is so hard to find something. Have you tried  in http://www.cambridgeesol.org/ ?

Give a try!!!

Elaine

11 May 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Here are some links, more later.

11 May 2009     

izabelbello
Brazil

Thank you A LOT, e.roma and aftab57 !!Thumbs Up

There �s a lot to be done with my children and I want to start soon.Wink

Cheers !!

11 May 2009     

patrenou
Argentina

If you contact the Cambridge university representative in your country, they�ll give you free material. There are  several books like Fun for Flyers  that help you prepare  pupils for the exam . I have been pereparing my pu�ls for the Starters, Movers and Flyers for more than 12 years and my advice for you is not to stick to a single book. Pay attention to the Vocabulary and Grammar structures needed for the Flyers ( available on Cambridge page) and look in this website for resources that you could give them to practise.
Should you have any doubts , don�t hesitate in contacting me.
                                                                       Good luck,
                                                                                           Pat

11 May 2009     

flaviatl
Argentina

You an download Skills Builders Flyers 3 & 4, and also the CDs here:

http://englishtips.org/index.php?newsid=1150801380

You need to register, but it �s free.

You can also download the book Pat suggested, Fun for Flyers. All you have to do is type "flyers" in the search engine of the webpage I �ve just given you.

Good luck! (And don �t be afraid, I �m sure you �ll do a great job!)

11 May 2009     

flaviatl
Argentina

I almost forgot.
You can download mock exams here:

http://www.cambridgeesol.org/resources/teacher/yle.html

11 May 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Hello, I have a student who is going to take Movers exam and also I have prepared one student for Flyers exam. The main thing is to choose a good book to rely on. Of course I recommend �Fun for Flyers � and Practice tests for this exam (which you can find at englishtips.org). Do not worry, the books are designed in such a way that Ss soon feel confident and understand what it �s all about. good luck!!!

11 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

I have taught YLE a few times. One thing that helps is the picture description.  Find two pics that are similar and then have the Ss tell what they have in their pic and compare to the other person �s. They can say things like: "I have two trees in my picture." Do you have two trees in yours?"  Cambridge is also big on gap fills/information exercises.  The biggest thing is just getting them comfortable talking in English.   Works for me.

11 May 2009     

izabelbello
Brazil

Thank you so much flaviatl, kkcat, spagman63, and patrenou !!Tongue

Now I think I can do a great job with my elementary 5.

Have a Great Week !!

Izabel

20 May 2009