Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Do You Remember Your Very First Best/Worst Teacher???    

Do You Remember Your Very First Best/Worst Teacher???

Nebal
Lebanon

Do You Remember Your Very First Best/Worst Teacher???

Hi dear friends,

I was fond of my English and Sciences teachers. I used to be their favourite.

I can still remember my very first best teacher. Her name was Daniel.She was an English teacher who taught me in Grade 4. She very kind and gentle, loving and warm. She  gave me something that I needed so much- the love of being a teacher. I used to watch her moves, her walk, way of dressing,. In other words, I used to imitate her.

I remember how I used to give her white and red roses every now and then, sometimes write her letters. I loved her more than one can imagine.

I wanna thank her for the great moments I spent with her learnin and enjoyin English.

How about you?? Do u remember your first best/worst teacher?? How was he/she??

Hugs,

Nebal

13 May 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

Hi Nebal!!! Going back to that time.... As one of friends � niece would say: "how is that that you still remember those actions after such a long time???? "LOL

I remember my favourite teacher quite well. I think that I still can remember her nice perfume. I don �t know its name but I recognize it whenwhere I smell it. Her name was Yenny. She was my 6th grade teacher at primary school. She taught sciences and Mathematics. I was her best student; I always got an "Excellent" in her tests. I have always been good at Mathematics and, specially because I loved her, I was outstanding in 6th grade. She used to wear a smart aprom (in Argentina, primary school teachers do it as well as the students) I also remember her warm, calm voice, the way she moved, the way she explained. She was my model while studying teaching!!!!

13 May 2009     

carinaluc
Argentina

Dear all,
My favourite ever was my preschool teacher, she was the kindest and warmest person I �ve ever met.  She has always been an inspiration to me, in fact my daughter is named after her.
My best teacher was undoubtedly Ms Innocenti, she taught Lit at secondary school.   I was her personal favourite in the class because I �ve always loved reading, so I �d read nearly every book she mentioned in the classes.  She passed away a few years ago and the news came as a big shock to me...
And last but not least, Mr Jackson who was my English teacher when I studied in London.  He �s still one of my best friends!!!
A big hug from chilly and rainy Buenos Aires
Carina

13 May 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hello to the Best Teachers:

I remember one of my favourite teachers.  It was my grade one  teacher.  I recall starting school not being able to  speak any English at all because I was born in Italy.  She took me under her wing and was so patient in explaining things to me.  It was a culture shock for me as well, and she helped me though it.  She even spoke a few words of Italian which was even better.  As the years progressed, she would often stop me in the corridor and try her Italian out on me.  She always encouraged me and kept telling me how much my English had improved.  She was definitely a teacher who loved her work. 

My worst teacher was my Economics teacher.  He never spoke to anyone and always had a sour look on his face.  He seemed to be a very unhappy man and there was seldom any laughter in his class.  The classes were very boring and lifeless.

I guess there is always a best and a worst and I found I always wanted to work hard for my best teachers.

13 May 2009     

Zora
Canada

Favourite? Try favourites... LOL There was my kindergarten teacher Mrs. Bridges. I loved her to pieces, she probably started my love of teaching right then and there. Then I had a grade two teacher, Mrs. Knight a wonderful lady who used to read us stories in class and get our imagination going. She started my love for the "Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe..." One day, she brought it to class to read to us and when she was done I raced to the library to take out the book...

In Junior high, I had Mr. Hall my French teacher, an absolute doll and I learned so much with him. Oh and Mrs. Minty my L.A. teacher... she was amazing.

My worst, I have to sadly say, was here in Spain when I was in Bachiller. I don �t even remember his name... (they say the mind erases the bad things, and I honestly think that this is the case!! Tongue ) Anyways, it was shortly after I came here to Spain - maybe three years, (you need to know that I came to Spain not speaking, reading or writing the language... thankfully I was a good French student...) and I was still struggling with Spanish and Gallego (a dialect that is taught in school and spoken by over half of the Galician population) at the time besides trying to adapt to a new school...

Anyways, I took English classes instead of French. And this teacher did not like that I was in his class and took every single opportunity to ridicule me. If I got a 9.5 on a test, he �d call out "Oh look the native is not perfect... " OR "Oh, look she made a mistake..." and was constantly saying "Why don �t you take French instead?" ... I absolutely HATED this man and was proned to skipping his classes as often as possible... I honestly hope that he isn �t teaching anymore because a real teacher doesn´t do things like that to any student...  Disapprove

13 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I know it doesn �t belong to this thread, but i think you should read what Caroline had to say in this thread:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=8171&page=3

Anyway, here you go, since you �re probably too lazy at this hour to do anything...

NEVER DREAMT THAT I WOULD EVER BE A TEACHER!!!!

After seeing all those wonderful posts I feel a little embarrassed relating my "journey" into the teaching profession.  But I think that I am among friends so here goes!

Shortly after I got married my hubby was imprisoned.  He got 6 years for burning down a school one night while under the influence of some drugs.  I was devastated as I was pregnant on my first child (Shiela).  

On one of my weekly visits to my (by now) very depressed hubby I suggested that he take up some kind of study to pass the long hours away.  To my great relief after two weeks he told me that he had a burning (sic) desire to become ( of all things!)  a teacher!!  He had arranged it all and had got permission from the prison authorities to begin.  Needless to say I was "over the moon"!

Gradually I became interested too and decided to go back to college and study myself.  I used to visit hubby every week and we would swap ideas and try to help each other in the short time allocated to us. 

To cut a long story short he qualified a year before me and when he got out of prison the government actually helped him to get a position in a secondary school. Two years later I was teaching English in a junior school.  So the bad beginning had a happy ending. Shiela is now studying to become a teacher too.

By the way,  if you are shocked and really believe the above you really need to get your heads examined hahahahaha!   
 It was just that I loved the idea of being a teacher since childhood and here I am hahaha!Hug Love you all on this forum.

13 May 2009     

Dalya
Kuwait

Hi Nebal

yes i do ...

My worst teacher, her name was marry ..

she taught me last year in college ...

she taught me Introduction to English Conversation ..

she was like the WIRST think ever happened to me

she never knew what she was teaching

I mean there was a pronunciation excersice ... the words were written next to each other with their sounds in the dictionary

and she just told us : "Ok, Now match these words together"

we were looking at her like "match them according to what ?"

she said again "match the words with their appropriate match"

SHE NEVER KNEW IT WAS PRONUNCIATION EXCERCISE  !!! LOL

my best teacher, Her name was Mona

she was the reason why i chose to become an English Language teacher ..

she was very nice to me ..

she knew how good i was in English she used to give me extra classes and so ...

she �s the reason behind my success

:)

14 May 2009