Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A publisher worksheet-how to upload    

A publisher worksheet-how to upload

miyoko71
Morocco

A publisher worksheet-how to upload

I have just finished a worksheet  that I designed by microsoft publisher(for the first time).I don �t know if I can upload it as it is, or I have to convert it to microsoft word.If I have to convert it, please tell me how, because I have tried but with no success.

13 May 2009      

Erna
Russian Federation

Dear Miyoko71
I had the same problem some time ago - made a nice ws in Publisher (there are lots of opportunities in it, aren �t there) and couldn �t upload it, tried to convert to ms word - no success. then I tried some tricks - I grouped the objects in publisher, right-clicked and copied it then pasted that in ms word, though some of the borders and beautiful lines don �t show up in ms word unfortunately. If it doesn �t work, try to copy blank templates to ms word first and then design the worksheet with word abilities. Good luck in that!
hope this was useful for you :)
Erna

13 May 2009     

miyoko71
Morocco

Thanks Erna for your reply.In fact I �ve tried copy and paste via the menu , but when copied in word there were some parts of the page missing.So,  I have to try the other alternative hoping it �ll work.
Good night

13 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

Dear compatriot .. Miyoko71

Yes, this is one of the problems of the printables. They should be in ms word only. So imagine all that hard work to make something valuable going with the wind. But you don �t have another choice mate. Try what Erna suggested above. I think that will save most of your work. And in case you see �alien boy � around, make sure you speak to him. He will certainly make things clearer and easier for you.

Have a good night

AbdelhadiSmile

13 May 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi there! Like you I used to always use publisher when I was at work... BUT if you make something in publisher and copy and paste the image.. IT CANT BE EDITED which actually is a bit of a problem... as most teachers like to adapt the worksheet to suit their classes.. or even worse maybe there is a spelling error or grammatical mistake and it can �t be fixed...

If you do upload worksheets like this PLEASE WRITE IN YOUR DESCRIPTION THAT IT CANNOT BE EDITED... it is so incredibly frustrating to download something and then realise that it can �t be...

So maybe it is time to get familiar with the word program? It doesn �t take that long to find your way around!

14 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

You could try:

1. - an option that usually preserves all text, images, formatting and appearance as-is, is to group all objects on the page then copy it.
 To group objects you draw a frame around the contents of the page using the Pointer tool then click on the little jigsaw piece at the bottom to lock them all together.

- Go to your Word page and use �edit >paste special >picture � to paste the image into your Word document.

The resulting image can be dragged into position on your page and resized etc to suit. You can do this for multiple pages and the file size stays within the bounds of reason.

or
2. - you may be able to �save as � or export your document as a �.jpg/.jpeg � file.
       This will create animage that you can place into a Word document.

or
3 - if your edition of Publisher doesn �t have the �save as � or �export � option...

- make sure that all editing marks, spell check markings and guides are switched off. View the document in a reasonably large size and then take a screen grab and then copy that into an image editor. Edit the picture & save it as �.jpg/.jpeg � & then paste it into a Word document.

Let me know if none of these work for you.
Thanks for the vore of confidence Abdelhadi

14 May 2009