Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Don īt know the source    

Don īt know the source

wilwarin32
Argentina

Don īt know the source

Hi, everybody! I need your advice. I have prepared some wss for my construction ss (I teach in a technical school), and I īm not sure whether to upload them or not, since the texts I used were handed over to me by another teacher (photocopies) and I don īt know which book they were taken from. Moreover, I think neither does she! Will it just do if I say I didn īt write them? I made the exercises myself.  Thanks in advance!

14 May 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Hi! That has happened to me once or twice. I uploaded the worksheets and said in the description that I had forgotten where I had taken the texts from, but that all the exercises were created by me. There was no problem. Occasionally, I see no wrong in doing that. What I think is not professional is when people do it all the time not only for texts, but also for exercises.

Have a good night.
mena

14 May 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

I agree with you Mena

14 May 2009     

wilwarin32
Argentina

Thank you both for your advice! HugHave a good night!!!

14 May 2009     

_babz
Canada

Don īt worry about it, nobody here creates their own texts (very few) and it īs understandable. As long as you include your own exercises, then I think it īs okay.

We ALL have copied something from the Net, whether it be a picture, photo, clip art, text font, grids or a text.

This is why I īve said this many times, moderators should make sure than it īs really a copy-paste exercise...and when we report, we should include the site.

Ciao
Smile

14 May 2009