Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Big white box? or White big box?    

Big white box? or White big box?

marta_marta
Poland

Try this website: OPSHACOM
I wish I had computers in my classroom...

14 May 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Thanks Marta... I have just done the "test" there... the funny thing is ...a couple of the questions that you need to put in order are NOT what a native english speaker would say... I guess it is one of those rules that work most of the time.. but in the real english speaking world some are said differently... Just like the examples from bouncyperson....

Big smile

14 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I Agree - a hungry big dog would sound extremely strange.

A big, hungry dog sounds perfect - if not a bit scary.

I little hungry boy would sound very weird.

A hungry little boy sounds correct to me

14 May 2009     

Zora
Canada

Hi there, I saw bouncypersons question and I think that in both sentences "hungry" can be either an opinion, - you think the boy is hungry but maybe he �s not and instead of "Shape" - I �d go with Spagman �s idea and call it other important info ..... and, in this case, we could put hungry dog here because we know the dog is hungry!! Might be the jumping around and slobbering when he sees you that gives this away or the whining when you appear with the can!! LOL

Anyways, there are a few adjectives that could fall in different categories and I think, it �s just sort of a thing you get a feeling for after a while... 

14 May 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Thank you Mjotab for this great idea

14 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2