Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Did You Remember Your First Best/ Worst Teacher? Part Two    

Did You Remember Your First Best/ Worst Teacher? Part Two

Nebal
Lebanon

Did You Remember Your First Best/ Worst Teacher? Part Two

Hi dear friends,

Yesterday I started this topic, and I would like to continue it today. I would like to know more about you and your teachers.

I was fond of my English and Sciences teachers. I used to be their favourite.

I can still remember my very first best teacher. Her name was Daniel.She was an English teacher who taught me in Grade 4. She very kind and gentle, loving and warm. She  gave me something that I needed so much- the love of being a teacher. I used to watch her moves, her walk, way of dressing,. In other words, I used to imitate her.

I remember how I used to give her white and red roses every now and then, sometimes write her letters. I loved her more than one can imagine.

I wanna thank her for the great moments I spent with her learnin and enjoyin English.

How about you?? Do u remember your first best/worst teacher?? How was he/she??

Hugs,

Nebal

14 May 2009      

roneydirt
United States

Don �t think we should share worst... got some doozy ones out there.  :)

But my favorite was the history/social studies teachers.  One reason I worked on a history speciality in my education degree.  Two of them especially got me into asking questions, debating, exploring, and wanting to learn more.  Well so did my Grandmother too.  I got into doing living history with both of them.  We traveled across the states reinacting historical moments like the Revolutionary War, Civil War, Seminole Indian War, WWI and II.  Got to pop up in a couple Civil War movies, they wanted us reinactors since we had the equipment.  They also taught me to stand up for myself in my beliefs, that includes my Grandmother and Father as well but a little different.  Taught me it was OK to guess a wrong answer because we do learn from mistakes.  Taught me that it was OK to be a little different and accept it.  It is easy to follow the crowd but harder to be oneself in schools and in life.  Here I am in Asia exploring, studying and teaching English, go figure.  I think the stubborness to do it came from my dad �s side of the family, but those teachers open the world to me.

14 May 2009     

mjotab
Spain

My first wonderful teacher used to teach me physics when I was 16. Everything seemed to be easy if he explained it but, apart from that, what I liked about him was that he was so "just him". He didn �t try to be the smartest or to judge us. He simply loved the topic and tried to explain to us what it was about, and he was such a good and generous person!

14 May 2009