Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > A bit confussed    

A bit confussed

aguniaa
Poland

A bit confussed

Thank you so much for all your replies, but I got a bit confused...
Can we use texts from ESL books and then add our own exercises to it or not?
If not do you know any sites where I can find texts for elementary and upper-elementary students so that I could add my own exercises to them and create ws?

Have a nice day,
Agnieszka

14 May 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Hi Agnieszka,

you certainly can use texts from ESL books & add your own exercises & activities. You should include the name of your resource in your description & ensure that you have added a substantial amount of additional work - not just a couple of quickly thrown together things. I�d also mention them in your description.

Maybe something like :�This worksheet is based upon an extract from XYZ ESL Textbook. The additional X exercises &/or activities have been created by me in order to enhance students understanding of PQR in English language acquisition. So long & thanks for all the fish! (you don �t really need to use the �So long� & �fish� bits if you don �t want to Wink)

It may not stop your worksheet being reported (because the reporting criteria seem to be a little skewed for a lot of different reasons), but the �moderators� (the voting members) will appreciate the additional supporting statement.

Cheers,
AB

14 May 2009     

aguniaa
Poland

Thank you soooo much for your answer :)

Hugs,
Agnieszka

14 May 2009