Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with modal verbs    

Help with modal verbs

yogiba61
Spain

Help with modal verbs

Dear friends,

I need some help for tomorrow. Do you know any interesting activity to revise modal verbs? A song, video-clip... I �m teaching my students tomorrow, it �s their last hour after an exam and I �m sure is going to be very hard to catch their attention. They always feel very tired on Friday, I usually do something different but they �re having their English exam next week and I �d like to revise modals with them in a different way. Can you give me any ideas? They have to study must, have to, needn �t, mustn �t, should, may, might, can, can �t and could. I haven �t explained past modals yet. I �d apreciate your help.

14 May 2009      

MissMelissa12
Peru

I know Robbie Williams has a great song named � � something beautiful � � wich is suitable for practicisng modals.
You may want to make a worksheet and also make students to :

* Fill in the blanks with the correct modals they hear.
* Work in groups and  order pieces of the lyrics given in slip of papers by you. So the group who finishes first will be the winners.
*Work on team tournaments and make a "translation contest" of some parts of the song that you could pick up.
* Make them sing along the song, and choose the group whi sings the best.

Good luck!!

Miss Melissa. Hug

14 May 2009     

arielmlee
Malaysia

You could try a game called "Typhoon". You can search on how to play it. I actually found it on the web and use it in my class to do revision. My kids love it. You should try it. Not much preparation, and it is fun. Look for Typhoon Game for ESL English. Probably u will be able to find it. Have fun :D

14 May 2009     

handstand
Venezuela

Try this link. Lots of ideas for Modals of deduction http://mystudents4eso.blogspot.com/2008/04/modals-of-deduction.html

14 May 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

These links may help.

14 May 2009     

yogiba61
Spain

Thank you very much dear friends!!! I �m going to have a look at all the wonderful ideas you have shared with me.

14 May 2009     

yogiba61
Spain

Thank you very much dear friends!!! I �m going to have a look at all the wonderful ideas you have shared with me.

14 May 2009