Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > please help me to attract my university teacher with my lesson on countries and capital cities!!!!!:)    

please help me to attract my university teacher with my lesson on countries and capital cities!!!!!:)

concordia
Turkey

please help me to attract my university teacher with my lesson on countries and capital cities!!!!!:)

Hi, all:) i am a prospective teacher and i have been doing my internship at a practicum school and i have been teaching  at the 5th class and my teacher from the university will come to observe and evaluate me on thursday. I wanna do my best and affect her. So i need ur help urgently, my heros and heroines!!! I have chosen the topic of Countries, Nationalities, Languages, Capital Cities. i have decided to make it as a revision lesson. it will last 40 � minutes. i have checked ur works which are all excellent. There are some ideas in my mind. But I dont know which one is the best. Can u share ur experience about this topic? if u do, u make me grateful to u and happy. Can u know a popular song related to ths topic? thanks a lot from nw on. I am waiting for ur suggestons and experiences eagerly.

1. I wanna make  a big authentic puzzle of the worldmap from papers as a material.

2. I will want from my students to draw and/or colour the flag of few countries and stick the picture on the appropriate country in the puzzle thanks to help of the group. (ıt will be group work. I will sepearate them into 3 groups) Who has finished quicklier and better will be the first and we will applaud his or her group.

3. I may use ur conversation cards as a speaking activity by using the real objects peculiar to these countries as well.

4. I may want them to play the game of " who wants to be a millionaire?" while revising the capital cities. I will add the cite here from my inbox.

5. I may revise these topic by matching dances and countries.

6. I may revise these topic by matching famous places  and countries.

14 May 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

You should find some ideas here.

14 May 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

I like the ideas you �ve posted already.

Another one I �ve used is to cut out the outline of the country - without showing what countries it borders - and ask students to guess which one it is...you could maybe use that in your "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" game.
To get the images, check out google.com or I have some in a Word file - send me a prvate message with your email and I �ll send them to you if you like.

T :)

15 May 2009