Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ideas for (self) evaluation anyone?    

ideas for (self) evaluation anyone?

MarionG
Netherlands

ideas for (self) evaluation anyone?

Hi to all you wonderful teachers out there,
I could use some help. In our school we don �t have exams, grades nor report cards. Twice a year the students need to evaluate themselves and the teachers comment on that evaluation with their own observations. The evaluation encompasses both behavioural items such as discipline, motivation, homework as well as their progress in English. Half way thru the year I prepared pages for the students to evaluate themselves (they are posted on the site if you want to see what the idea is..). Now the end of the year is approaching for us and I am totally blanking out on what kind of page to prepare for the last evaluation. I teach 3rd,4th and 6th graders. Is anyone familiar with this kind of thing? Did anyone prepare something like this? Where would I look for them? Any ideas anyone???
I �ll be happy with any ideas or advice you can give me...

15 May 2009      

lasca
Portugal

I think you can use the same evaluation sheet, but at each stage set academic targets with the students.  Targets should be specific, measurable and achievable.  Eg: Ask/answer 3 questions in English per lesson.   Extend writing by using connectors (give examples) and giving opinions.  Then, at the end of each phase you can review the targets and discuss whether they �ve been achieved.  A good exercise for peer/self evaluation of speaking skills is to video the pupils acting out a role play, then watch the video and discuss the strengths/areas of improvement of each performance.  I �ll post the sheet I use for evaluation on here at the weekend.   

15 May 2009     

Funny
Portugal

Hi, Marion

You can check my self evaluation ws. If that is what you need, I can send it to you by mail.
I �ve done that already to other member.
Best regards
Funny

15 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

Hi Funny,

I �ve just downloaded your self-evaluation ws, it �s great! I �m thinking of doing something like this for my older students, I teach teenagers. Would you mind if I do it based on your idea?

Sasa

15 May 2009     

abba
Spain

Can you give us the link in eslprintables? I �m interested in the idea. We always evaluate knowledge but I would like to introduce self-evaluation so as to make them aware of their own process of learning.

15 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

Here is the link for the self-evaluation ws:

It �s great!

Sasa

15 May 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Here are a few more links.

15 May 2009     

Funny
Portugal

Hi Sasa,

Thank you very much for your comments.Thumbs Up
You can do whatever you like with the ws. Consider it yours now.
Owing to your interest I received my 2 first comments.
I �ll be glad to help any time you need.Hug

15 May 2009