Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Message to FRENCHFROG    

Message to FRENCHFROG

Rosine
France

Message to FRENCHFROG

Hello, Frenchfrog,
  I�m Rosine, a French member like you. I�m quite new on this site and I find it very enjoyable. I particularly love YOUR contributions because they include a lot of pictures, That�s why they are so successful, I think!
 Would you please give me the addresses of SOME of the sites you get your illustrations from . I  do hope it�s not a secret!!!
I thank you in advance! Regards.

16 Oct 2008      

frenchfrog
France

Hi, Rosine!

I almost missed your post!

I don�t know what kind of pictures you are looking for...
You can dowload some of them from Microsoft (some are really nice): http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/FX101321031033.aspx?pid=CL100570201033 (type a keyword + "Search" and then choose "clipart" on the left)

See also this post (http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=346&page=2), you will get some information. You will see that using cliparts / pictures can become a very hot issue!!! We all know that we should always ask permission to use a picture, but we don�t always do it, do we? (That was the point of my answer in that post) I always feel guilty when I use pictures, and as you have seen I use quite a lot of them!! Try not to scan whole pictures from French textbooks, even though it is very tempting! I scanned bits of pictures a few times (because I could not find any good cliparts to illustrate what I wanted to say), but I no longer do that.

Frenchfrog

16 Oct 2008     

Rosine
France

Hello, Frenchfrog,

Thank you very much for your reply. I was away from my keyboard  these last days, that�s why I didn�t send you a post earlier ! .  I�ve looked at all your contributions and I must say they are very attractive! I think it must take a lot of time   inserting all the pictures, but it�s worthwhile !
 Kind regards.
 ROSINE

20 Oct 2008