Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Who is a fan of Facebook?    

Who is a fan of Facebook?

QueenJade
Netherlands

Who is a fan of Facebook?

Hello!

I �m doing a research for a final paper on the effects of forums, blogging and chatting in our languages!
Which are the most popular websites to keep in touch with friends?

Are you a fan of Facebook?

Cheers
JAde

17 May 2009      

arlissa
United States

I �m from USA:
I use facebook and twitter

17 May 2009     

chobby
Mexico

In M�xico are very popular Hi-5, twitter, sonico, facebook, classmates, Where are you now (WYN), etc

I �m susbscribed in Hi-5, twitter, classmates & WYN

17 May 2009     

sanchan
Spain

facebook is way popular around here.
I�ve never tried Twitter, is it any good?

17 May 2009     

missveronica
Argentina

LOVE facebook, used to have fotolog

17 May 2009     

QueenJade
Netherlands

I don �t know about Twitter but it �s quite new isn �t it!??
I use facebook quite a lot.
About WAYN ... I also have an account there ..it �s a nice page.. however, there are too many people looking for dates!! but it �s a traveling page! lol
Do you feel language is changing for the better as a result of blogging? or not?

I usually have students who abbreviate words in tests and practical words... they feel too lazy to write the whole word and think we can use these abbreviations anywhere, all the time...  I always explain that first we need to learn proper grammar and spelling and the rest and when we have mastered these areas,...then you can use all the exceptions and abbreviations. However, when we are doing a formal written paper, abbreviations and letters like U, for you or R for are... are not allowed!

17 May 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

Well, I have a hi5 account and a facebook account but I use facebook every single day! I love it! And I think here in Uruguay most people use facebook, too!

17 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Well, I have a Facebook,  Orkut, Twitter, Hi5, Octopop, and Myspace accounts. In fact I must have fogotten to mention some of them and can be found almost everywhere on the net.

If you want to keep in touch with your students in Brazil, Orkut is the champion because the youngsters love it here. If you send an email or sms message they sometimes read it, but if you send an Orkut scrapbook you �ll have an answer in a few minutes.

17 May 2009     

Alejandra27
Argentina

Guilty of being fan of facebook!!!Thumbs Up

17 May 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi, I hear from my students (and friends of my kids) that facebook definitely rules here in Israel. Even kids aged 9-10 use facebook a lot!!! (Ik vind het maar niks..;)
ooh, and of course lots of adults use it here, to the point of addiction, hi hi... almost forgot...

17 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Kids are getting poorer grades because of Facebook.  It is taking away from their study time. This is happening all over Hong Kong.  Too much of a good thing can be detrimental.  BTW, I am on it. lol 

17 May 2009     

1    2    Next >