Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > ..................................    

______
Germany

16 Oct 2008      

puspita
Indonesia

I guess that the thousand others are just too busy-rushing-to-teach to give comments Smile

16 Oct 2008     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Good evening Silke!
You are right! It�s so nice to write comments to people who help sharing ideas and worksheets!
The value of expressing emotion cannot be overstated.
But sadly  very few people take the time to write a note.
Writing a comment is an easy way to say "I think you�re special." or "I find your work well done". 
Whether you leave a comment to another teacher or to people you�d enjoy having as friends, the effect will be satisfying for everyone.  
  • They�ll feel better about themselves because of the good feelings you expressed to them
  • They�ll feel better about you because you made them feel good.
  • You�ll feel good about yourself for having made them happy.
 My dear Friends ,You made my day writing all your supporting words and comments
yesterday,today and always!
This is just to let you know
How special your comments made me feel.
It shows me how very thoughtful you are;
Your time to me is a gift!

It Doesn�t Seem Enough

I want to tell you "Thank you,"
But it doesn�t seem enough.
Words don�t seem sufficient--
"Blah, blah" and all that stuff.

Please know I have deep feelings
About your generous act.
I really appreciate you;
You�re special, and that�s a fact!
By Joanna Fuchs

greetings ,

16 Oct 2008     

spring
Turkey

They just do not bother Silke...
Many of them have limited contributions.
After being a premium number with 30 points,they just sign in to take advantage of others.(this is my opinion of course) 
Many members are taking place with a single work in this site.We are all busy.WE may be in rush.
BUt are we in rush all through 365days?????
Isn�t there a single day to leave a short thank you note to the ones we are using their work?????
When it comes to downloading everybody is free ,but when it comes to commentating everybody is busy..
It is even nonsense to talk.I became tired and bored...
BY the way please, I am not generalising the situation..SO do not behave aggressive.(all the members)
Do not take this as an offence.But unfortunately this is the caseCry
I am with you Silke..YOu are definetely right....

16 Oct 2008     

mena22
Portugal

Smile Hi Ladybird!

As you know I�m new here, but "old" enough to have noticed the same as you. Puspita is right, teachers are always in a hurry; however, this is no excuse for being impolite. You can always come back later and leave a comment for that person whom you�ve downloaded a worksheet from before. When you take or get something from someone, you should thank them for it. That�s BASIC! Besides, it�s always nice to know if our work was useful and appreciated. I don�t want to say that it is rude, but it sure is kind of strange seeing that so many people downloaded your worksheets and only a few "bother" to be nice! Confused

16 Oct 2008     

puspita
Indonesia

No, those who made time to give comments are the blessed ones Big smile
blessed for having great job,
blessed to have the energy to do the job well,
blessed to have nice and helpful friends,
and blessed to have the courtesy to acknowledge and support their friends

16 Oct 2008     

gilorit
Israel

Hi
It is a never - ending - story.....
I think comments are GREAT ! They make everything mpre personal, as if you know the person who allows you to use his work...
I love leaving comments (and believe me - I AM BUSY...) and of corse I love to get your comments...
Orit :-)

16 Oct 2008     

gilorit
Israel

... sorry about the mistakes.. "more"  and  "of course"...
That�s because I am in a hurry.....
Orit :-)

16 Oct 2008     

frenchfrog
France

And don�t forget that SOME (not all of course) of the members who never leave any comments have no scruples about downloading stolen printables...

16 Oct 2008     

HMaria
Portugal

I�m also new here...and I agree with you all: the least we can do is leave a comment. ClapThere are so many great ws here and most of them took a lot of work and the only way we can express our gratitude is by leaving a comment.

At the beginning I had a couple of nice comments every day and that made me want to make even greater ws...I loved the time when I entered the site and all the comments appeared...but now I haven�t had any and that made me slow down...that made me think that my work wasn�t good enough...Cry and I just began to came here just to read your daily conversations.

As lot of you sure feel: when we "get to know" you all and this site it feels like family and when I don�t come here a day I miss coming here. It seems I already know you all even without seeing you...and I learned so much...

So thank you all, all the ones I�ve downloaded from and the ones I didn�t, all the ones that feel I am family too, all the ones that have posted a comment on my ws, all the ones that haven�t...

I am a teacher of very young children, I love singing with them, I love laughing with them, dancing with them, hearing their first english words...I work in a Primary School, the same school I atended to when I was their age, but I�m payed by the hour, and when I�m on vacation I don�t get payed...I have a 3 year old girl and a very nice husband that has questioned me a lot about my work choice...sometimes I only get payed in December and I end up being 6 months without money...but despite all this I do what I like and I don�t imagine myself doing anything else...

That�s why I thing all our contributions are worth at least a little comment, and at least a nice one. When all around my work life seems dark your comments are the light that keeps me going (along with my little ones, of couse).

Think about this...

And, above all, thank you for all the good you�ve done.
A big hug to you all and to Victor.
Hug

17 Oct 2008