Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Uploading Printables    

Uploading Printables

missyjoymel2009
Korea, South

Uploading Printables

Hi, I �m new to ESL Printables, so maybe there �s something I �m missing...

Every time I try to upload something, I receive an error message that says I have to use .doc, or in the case of my  power points, .pts--or whatever it is.  It asks me to check, or choose a different document.  So, I clock "ok," but then it goes to the "uploading" page and says it �s uploading.  It �s been an hour, and I still have the same uploading page. 

My question is:  Do the uploads usually take this long, or is something wrong?  Also, I �m pretty sure my documents are .doc and .pts files... I �m uploading them from Microsoft word programs. I �m familiar with how to change the way these are saved, but I can see no other options. Is there a specific way I should be saving them? 

Any help would be appreciated since I would like to participate on this site.

18 May 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi Missy,
Welcome!

From the FAQ section of this site:

FAQ � How do I upload a Worksheet?

Step one:         Create a worksheet.

Step two:         Make sure it�s in word (.doc) file

Step Three:     Make sure it�s less than 299kb

Step four:        go here: http://www.eslprintables.com/send_printables/sendprintablesnew1.asp

Step five:         If it doesn�t work please try again in a few minutes, sometimes it takes several attempts.

18 May 2009     

missyjoymel2009
Korea, South

OK, I �ll try again.  :)  Thanks.  So I �m assuming just saving it in Word, makes it a .doc file...  I mean, that �s what I thought, but with these problems, I wasn �t sure all of a sudden :)

18 May 2009     

missyjoymel2009
Korea, South

I �m still getting the error message.  

18 May 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Check margins (no less than 0,5 cm) and and page size (A4 or legal size). Is it doc or docx ?

18 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

It depends on what version of Word (mine is 2003) you are using. The newer versions use .docx and need to be converted to doc.  

18 May 2009     

missyjoymel2009
Korea, South

Thanks.  Working on it :)

18 May 2009     

missyjoymel2009
Korea, South

Yep, using a newer version.  Worked this time :)

18 May 2009     

mailis
Greece

Hi there,

I also have a problem with uploading a file. Actually, it is a .docx

How do i convert it into a doc?

18 May 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

Bouboumai, if you open the document in Word and then go to "Save as..." it should give you the option to save as a Word document 97-2003.

18 May 2009     

mailis
Greece

thank you very much for your quick reply!Big smile

18 May 2009