Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > VIDEO ABOUT LONDON    

VIDEO ABOUT LONDON

scgonz
Spain

VIDEO ABOUT LONDON

I �m trying to find a website with videos about London to use in Primary Education, with eight - year - old children. can you help me, please?

Thanks

18 May 2009      

ants
Switzerland

I would also be interested in a video for 8 to 12 year olds. Smile
Something that would teach a bit of grammar and interest kids in this age group.

18 May 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

I don �t know whether these will be any good...There are a couple of cool websites where you can look around London, but they aren �t videos and there �s no sound.  But it gives students the chance to explore for themselves.

vrlondon.com
strolling.com

18 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi! In the last few years I �ve been using Window on Britain 1 and Right Now 1 and 2 by OUP, both with excellent Activity Books, the first one  by Richard MacAndrew  and the second by Alan Pulverness and Antoinette Moses.

My students love these videos and the activities that go with them are very well structered with Before, while and after listening tasks, the latter including reading/writing tasks and  a grammar topic. The topics are also appropriate for young students and are according to our curriculum. For example, Window on Britain 1 has tasks on Britain (an introduction to the UK), London, British schools, Food, Homes, Sport, Festivals, and Pop music. Each topic plus the exercises make up a whole class (if you do all the exercises, a 90-minute class with correction of activities). Right Now has also very interesting topics: Radio, Sports, My room, Shopping, Jobs, the Net, Liverpool....

Wish I could help.
Have a wonderful day!
It �s a holiday in my city, no classes today.

Hugs,
mena

18 May 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Thanks Mena, those sound perfect. I �ll check them out and try them with my students!!
I really want to get them doing more listening exercises to help get them speaking more.
Thanks for sharing and have a nice day off from teaching!!Smile
Fiona.

18 May 2009