Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Advertising your own WS on PM    

Advertising your own WS on PM

i_love_english
France

Advertising your own WS on PM

Hi, I know you �re not supposed to advertise your own WS on the forum but I got a PM from someone I �ve never been in private contact advertising their WS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is even more annoying and could please people stop doing that, thanks?

I �m well aware some people think their WS are great but I can very well see it for myself while browsing through the recent contributions!

Thanks!
Best wishes to everyone on board!
Stephanie

19 May 2009      

source
Turkey

Maybe you should tell this to her or him or ignore these people if you are really annoyed...

19 May 2009     

i_love_english
France

oh hello Source,

I also got a PM  from you (no relation with this post) which i didn �t quite get!
Did you send it to me by mistake?

Stephanie

19 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

If it was done through PM, why don �t you try to solve it there first?

19 May 2009     

source
Turkey

But my pm wasn �t related to my ws etc.. It wasnt an advertisement stuff!!!..It was just asking for a help for my assignment....I dont want to be misunderstood by you or other members... I sent it to you on purpose...if you read , it is clear enough...

19 May 2009     

i_love_english
France

I see your point of course!!
I just did not know the person so i guessed she sent the same message to loads of people, hence posting the message on the board.

I think we get a lot of spamming on regular email addresses and therefore wanted to post it as a general comment and also get others � reactions. Maybe other people like getting PMed for new WS, I don �t know...
Sorry if that was a nuisance to some.Embarrassed

Best wishes, I need to go back to my marking!!

Stephanie

19 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Time ago I sent private messages to lots of members who had downloaded the 1st, 2nd and 3rd set of my pictionaries about phrasal verbs.

I wanted that they knew I had uploaded the set 4... the reason: I did not want them to have the sets incomplete, I tought it would be more useful if they had the whole set instead of only 3 sheets of them...

I was not sure about doing this or not but I did it... of course I only sent the message to those persons who left comment on my previous sheets, I did not know who were the others who downloaded my sheets because not all the people leave comments.

Anyway I think I know who you refer to... I also got a message from her but I think her aim is that we have the whole series, as I (I do not know you) downloaded her previous works...

Well, I am sure that is her intention!!!

See you around...

19 May 2009     

source
Turkey

Maybe you should tell who she is.. So only one person will be exposed to accusation and of course then she can answer this...Otherwise it will be more complex.

19 May 2009     

i_love_english
France

Source, I was not trying to "expose someone to accusation" !!

Julieta, I think you �re right although i had not downloaded a previous series. People left comments saying they wanted PMs so not everybody feels like me it seems!! lol

Thanks for your answers anyway
All the best,

Stephanie

19 May 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

I got both post.
The one Source sent was asking for help in a particular situation, I have already answered her. It is no one �s business, if I liked it or not. Obviously it didn �t hurt be. You are welcome, hope I can help you.
The other was a very kind post ( I think ) showing something this member thought could be important and useful  to me. Again, it is no one �s business. If I don �t like, I don �t answer. In fact I liked, and thanked, so what, I get many letters ( paper ) in mailbox with lots of advertising, I just through them the paper basket.
A pm, just this case, doesn �t take so much time to read and whenever we receive one, for sure it is from someone offering us something or, asking for help.
I think it is our duty to read and answer, very politely.
We are all welcome.
Hugs

19 May 2009     

i_love_english
France

I feel awfully sorry then.

19 May 2009     

1    2    Next >